• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Also Pep was bought into Man City to win the champions league , their other managers could win the PL & FA Cup regularly. He’s failed multiple times now so by the same logic, Pep out ?

Tuchel/Mopo etc etc we’re brought in to win the CL with PSG, they didn’t and got sacked.

I went into this thinking Southgate should go, nothing has changed my mind.

Kane skied a pen, so gets most the heat, but Maguire lost his man twice, just before the goal and for the goal - he shouldn’t have even been in the squad.

Late subs, let the team energy drop after the equaliser and out coached.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Tuchel/Mopo etc etc we’re brought in to win the CL with PSG, they didn’t and got sacked.

I went into this thinking Southgate should go, nothing has changed my mind.

Kane skied a pen, so gets most the heat, but Maguire lost his man twice, just before the goal and for the goal - he shouldn’t have even been in the squad.
But Pep hasn’t been sacked so there’s no right / wrong.

Unless someone can suggest a viable replacement Southgate his contract should be honoured.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
How anyone can call him a scumbag is beyond me. A thoroughly decent person.

Three tournaments without bringing it home …. How many more chances do people he should have? if this was anyone else he’d already be gone.

sadly being decent human being isn’t going to win competitions.
We've not brought it home since 1966!

Perhaps Weigman should take on the men as well. Proven tournament winner and all that.

Or, perhaps, the defending World Cup champions are not a side we should just expect to beat.

:facepalm:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Southgate has has his time, he's had his ups and downs and I don't think he has the ability to take the team all the way . Yes, this World Cup has been better with some good performances as a team and by individuals. But... we need to remember who we have played, Iran,Wales,the US, Senegal and France, the US dug in and made it hard for us and France did the same and pounced and took their opportunities, I'm aware that there have been a lot of big name casualties this tournament and we lasted longer than them but, think back to the Nation's league in the last year or so, three miserly draws our only returns from a group with Italy, Germany and Hungary.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
For you there isn’t, there’s a big difference between the two.
I just can’t see with everything the FA have built up, that Tuchel fits into that. It might work but it’s a short term appointment (look at his cv) with a difficult candidate, like Capello.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Tuchel, if he wants the job
No chance. He's an autocratic despot like figure, he's fallen out with players and left behind toxic dressing rooms.

If we've learned anything from the Sven, Capello years, it's the culture/mentality and pride of pulling on the shirt is best served with an English manager.

If its anyone, it should be a modern/progressive Englishman. Tuchel may be better tactically but he'll be infinitely worse in other areas.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If it was me I. Would appoint the Chelsea ladies manager.

brilliant tactician, knows the game…doesn’t applaud her players falling over at the merest touch.

would be a really radical choice, but it’s about time we looked at winners

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I really couldn't give a flying f***, but the funniest outcome is the lighthouse keeper gets the job and Chelsea implode

If both Harrys never wear the shirt again It'll be an improvement regardless.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I really couldn't give a flying f***, but the funniest outcome is the lighthouse keeper gets the job and Chelsea implode

If both Harrys never wear the shirt again It'll be an improvement regardless.
I do think there's better options around centre half than slabhead. But to suggest if England's all time top scorer and captain aged 29 never plays again (with our first euro qualifier away to Italy in March) is progress, we'll thats just fickle madness.

He does a lot more than score goals, his link up play is excellent, you really think dropping Kane forever will improve England?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Jochaim Low lost in 3 consecutive tournament semi finals with Germany , and then won the 4th tournament he took them to. By your logic he should have been sacked well before the 4th and they may never have won it
So how long are you going to give him?

Where’s the improvement that you would want to see year on year? It’s the same tactical approach every tournament and the same result.
we lost the Euro’s to a team that couldn’t qualify for the WC. Tell me why you beleive we’ll win the Euro’s in 2024?

When it comes to the games that matter we are found wanting.

Low is a much better coach and tactician than Southgate and was more successful at club level. Unlike Southgate Low is a bit of an arse.

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
We've not brought it home since 1966!

Perhaps Weigman should take on the men as well. Proven tournament winner and all that.

Or, perhaps, the defending World Cup champions are not a side we should just expect to bea

:facepalm:
The last three tournaments have been very very weak, but imho England have never been better placed to win. Southgate got it wrong against Croatia and Italy. He’s too conservative in his approach and teams aren’t scared of us, we should have gone after France in the first half not wait until the second half to have a go.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So how long are you going to give him?

Where’s the improvement that you would want to see year on year? It’s the same tactical approach every tournament and the same result.
we lost the Euro’s to a team that couldn’t qualify for the WC. Tell me why you beleive we’ll win the Euro’s in 2024?

When it comes to the games that matter we are found wanting.

Low is a much better coach and tactician than Southgate and was more successful at club level. Unlike Southgate is a bit of an arse.
We have improved year on year, unfortunately this time we met the world champions in the quarter finals. Yes we lost a euro final to those plucky underdogs Italy … hardly some minnows.

But Low still got to ‘fail’ at 3 major tournaments before winning something, and with the youth of our team (Bellingham 19, Saka 21, Foden 22, James 22…) we’re in a good place.

I’ve still not seen any major tactical revelations so to why Southgate was ‘inept’ yesterday. We were the better team, we just didn’t score - a story we are all to familiar with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here