Southern Railway Today.........

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn't happen in Germany :lolol:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Network Rail reporting that the water table is so high just north of Brighton that it is in danger of swamping the line and cutting off the Brighton/london main line

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Network Rail reporting that the water table is so high just north of Brighton that it is in danger of swamping the line and cutting off the Brighton/london main line

Just saw this on BBC News. The reporter said it could happen by the end of the week.

I'll just pull up a chair & wait for the impending binfest :thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wouldn't happen in Germany :lolol:

Hmm, Beachy is WFH, someone else got terminated at East Croydon, and there have been mentions of delay repay and Gatwick Express. Hawk's trying to decide whether to justify it or sympathise. And now this.

HOUSE!

*waves bingo card*

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Hmm, Beachy is WFH, someone else got terminated at East Croydon, and there have been mentions of delay repay and Gatwick Express. Hawk's trying to decide whether to justify it or sympathise. And now this.

HOUSE!

*waves bingo card*

Cmon - we've not had a pic of a teenager taking up 5 seats whilst using his phone, eating a burger and playing an iPod yet. That call was too early, but it won't be long.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
May as well stick it here - but if your a Rail Season Ticket holder (All Types) on the Oxted lines (to/from East Grinstead or Uckfield) then Southern will be giving a "gesture" to you as an apology for the disruption, even though it isnt actually their fault.

No, the gesture isnt going to be 2 fingers up at you either.

Expect the same if the Mainline floods for a few days, which it probably will.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.

I wonder if they'll try and send us via Bristol or Hereford like they did when the tunnel flooded?

I just can't wait...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
May as well stick it here - but if your a Rail Season Ticket holder (All Types) on the Oxted lines (to/from East Grinstead or Uckfield) then Southern will be giving a "gesture" to you as an apology for the disruption, even though it isnt actually their fault.

No, the gesture isnt going to be 2 fingers up at you either.

Expect the same if the Mainline floods for a few days, which it probably will.

If I had a pound for everytime you stated it was not the railway's fault I'd probably have enough lolly to actualy be able to afford to travel on it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Berlin got cut off from West Germany for months last summer so Herr Tubby won't be able to moan too much if Brighton is cut off from London

1961 was not last summer. What you on about?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here