Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern rail...what a shambles

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Lewes trains were much busier than normal yesterday before and after, presumably a lot switched to get there via Lewes instead. Still got the 17.15 to Lewes though and was home (B Hill) before 6.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
While not ideal I got the coach from Lewes to Three Bridges at 6.15pm and a connecting train to Croydon. Got back to the King & Queen in Caterham and 8.15pm.
I thought the service was pretty good for a replacement service.

el punal

I've got to say, given Southern's performances of late, that my journey from/to Southampton - Brighton would be another delay-fest. Pleased to say both journeys were on time and problem free - didn't spill a drop of my stash going or coming back!

D

Deleted User X18H

I got the 18:37 Falmer to London Rd. Had a quickie in Open House got home about 20:45. Thanks

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Incredible bloke driving the replacement bus from Lewes to Seaford the other evening after the signal failed at Newhaven Harbour AGAIN! Bearded and bedecked in long grey military trenchcoat, stetson and sunglasses/glasses tinted black (it was 22:30pm so why not?) he was Lemmy in all but name.

D

Deleted User X18H

Incredible bloke driving the replacement bus from Lewes to Seaford the other evening after the signal failed at Newhaven Harbour AGAIN! Bearded and bedecked in long grey military trenchcoat, stetson and sunglasses/glasses tinted black (it was 22:30pm so why not?) he was Lemmy in all but name.

You cheeky monkey

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I got the 18:37 Falmer to London Rd. Had a quickie in Open House got home about 20:45. Thanks

That'd be about right for the time it takes to get served in there. Snottiest rubbishest bar staff this side of the Park View. Look down their nose at you like the cool kids with the black teeshirts used to do in the Virgin Megastore in Churchill Square. Oh well.

D

Deleted User X18H

That'd be about right for the time it takes to get served in there. Snottiest rubbishest bar staff this side of the Park View. Look down their nose at you like the cool kids with the black teeshirts used to do in the Virgin Megastore in Churchill Square. Oh well.
Hmmm a little like that . Wasn't that busy. Prefer the Signalman TBH. Chucked out the BUPA as 18:15 though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here