Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just leaving work in Worthing and its going to be an hour until I can get a train heading east, which will no doubt be overcrowded beyond belief...absolute joke of a 'service' again.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Must be just co-incidence that there seem to be more cancellations than usual when the football has been on.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Stop being such an idiot parroting rubbish , there has been no more cancellations than yesterday or Tuesday and a lot less than Monday.

There are a LOT more cancellations and delays on West Coastway tonight than yesterday.

Stop trying to defend this indefensible bollocks of a 'service'.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
There are a LOT more cancellations and delays on West Coastway tonight than yesterday.

Stop trying to defend this indefensible bollocks of a 'service'.

I'm not I just laugh at idiots like you blaming it on somebody going sick to watch the football when the blame is elsewhere. Trouble is people like you are not clever enough to know when to keep their mouths or fingers quiet

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm not I just laugh at idiots like you blaming it on somebody going sick to watch the football when the blame is elsewhere. Trouble is people like you are not clever enough to know when to keep their mouths or fingers quiet
Is this a defensible situation?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1466096055167.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1466096055167.png
    138.6 KB · Views: 174

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Is this a defensible situation?

You know where the blame lies so why the need to try and say it is people not attending work to watch the football ? It is not acceptable so use your anger at those responsible at GTR HQ and the DfT , you do realise that if an incident happens and someone gets hurt or worse due to tempers boiling over it will be down to the likes of you making misleading statements online ?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Why SHOULD people keep quiet when confronted with this appalling shite day after day after day?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
you do realise that if an incident happens and someone gets hurt or worse due to tempers boiling over it will be down to the likes of you making misleading statements online ?

:nono:

****ing pathetic, so now the paying passengers are wrong for daring to suggest that your mates are partly to blame for this mess?

Yes, SASTA are appalling shitbags but neither side here are whiter than white - maybe you're the deluded one if you believe otherwise.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
:nono:

****ing pathetic, so now the paying passengers are wrong for daring to suggest that your mates are partly to blame for this mess?

Yes, SASTA are appalling shitbags but neither side here are whiter than white - maybe you're the deluded one if you believe otherwise.

I know you're seething and I understand and see it every day from passengers whose blood is boiling and rightly so and frankly why should you care whose fault it is when you pay good money for a service, but honestly most of us are just working exactly as we always have done. I've never done overtime and certainly don't plan to start now, I don't know of any of my colleagues who have taken sickies and why on earth should others work overtime to cover for GTRs incompetence and there is enough factual and anecdotal info in this thread to understand the real issues at play here. When I hear my colleagues getting abused, blamed and threatened every day from understandably furious passengers it drives me crazy to think of the real culprits sitting in their ivory towers earning fortunes and platitudes from their mates in the government away from the front line.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Why SHOULD people keep quiet when confronted with this appalling shite day after day after day?

Why do need to make a JUVENILE comment about the football ? Is it your need to be NOTICED ? The train service is totally unacceptable but until people voice their anger at the right targets nothing will change and the likes of you making thick comments just put peoples backs up.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
When I hear my colleagues getting abused, blamed and threatened every day from understandably furious passengers it drives me crazy to think of the real culprits sitting in their ivory towers earning fortunes and platitudes from their mates in the government away from the front line.

May I ask then, what are you and your colleagues doing about the situation? Of course abuse like that cannot be condoned, but at the same time surely you cannot expect angry passengers to argue everything on your behalves?

Have you/your colleagues contacted media sources directly to broadcast your side of things? Most people I've spoken to are fully accepting that SASTA are talking crap, but at the same time the public at large are not really hearing anything from your side at all.

If nothing else, your trains all have tannoy systems and you have captive audiences to broadcast to and get your points across...perhaps that's an opportunity to get the truth out rather than, in most cases I hear, toeing the party line. :shrug:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
May I ask then, what are you and your colleagues doing about the situation? Of course abuse like that cannot be condoned, but at the same time surely you cannot expect angry passengers to argue everything on your behalves?

Have you/your colleagues contacted media sources directly to broadcast your side of things? Most people I've spoken to are fully accepting that SASTA are talking crap, but at the same time the public at large are not really hearing anything from your side at all.

If nothing else, your trains all have tannoy systems and you have captive audiences to broadcast to and get your points across...perhaps that's an opportunity to get the truth out rather than, in most cases I hear, toeing the party line. :shrug:

misuse of the PA systems is gross misconduct and dismissal, there is another protest at Brighton Station on Monday at 630pm, feel free to attend.

You had a good point about the number of cancellations being up today but ruined it by saying it was due to the football, have you considered that many workers booked leave for today as soon as fixtures were out and long before any dispute occurred ? So it is Southern's fault totally for not being able to run a service or have enough crew to cover eventuality of people wanting to take their leave or do you think they shouldn't be allowed to take their leave anymore ? That may give Southern ideas mind.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Oh come on - be serious. If I put an anti Southern message out on the tannoy I'd be suspended faster than I can blink. Colleagues have been suspended for posting slightly inflammatory content on social media. But in any case, there are 115 pages of information for people to read on here, RMT put out press releases almost every day (many of which are on here) - whether the mainstream press carry the info is up to them, the guards have been striking and handing out flyers with the reasons, MPs have been written to over and over, there have been numerous blogs (again posted on here) on the situation and Aslef have been more or less silenced as a result of the court case (many local officers have had personal and work ipads, phones etc confiscated so they can investigate any anti-GTR content as a result of the high court ruling) and me and my colleagues have been telling the passengers our side (whilst having to be extremely careful what we say) to as many people as possible: all the time trying to concentrate on working a train safely, stopping at the correct places, opening the doors on the correct side etc etc etc.
Frankly it will be the angry passengers who will have to argue on our behalves because, as you can see, for all the strikes and disruption GTR are pressing ahead with their nonsense plans and only pressure by the public will bring an end to this.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Frankly it will be the angry passengers who will have to argue on our behalves because, as you can see, for all the strikes and disruption GTR are pressing ahead with their nonsense plans and only pressure by the public will bring an end to this.

I'm at a genuine loss to understand why the passengers, who are being screwed left, right and centre by this whole thing, are being told that we should be the ones taking responsibility for sorting it out.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
You had a good point about the number of cancellations being up today but ruined it by saying it was due to the football.

Strange, I thought you told me that there was no increase in cancellations today? In any case, I only said that I was sure it was a co-incidence. :wink:

As for the protest, I'm at the other end of the country for two weeks after tomorrow but I wish all involved luck.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I'm at a genuine loss to understand why the passengers, who are being screwed left, right and centre by this whole thing, are being told that we should be the ones taking responsibility for sorting it out.

Well we are trying by means of strikes etc but, in the end, as the whole dispute all boils down to us trying to protect the passengers safety and GTR, the government and Dft are prepared to ignore staff and allow cancellations and disruption to continue for as long as needed (don't forget their remedial plan allows GTR to get away with more and more cancellations with no penalty) with no concern for the passenger then ultimately it will come down to public pressure to make a difference. It's not the way things should be but if they are not prepared to listen to people who might know a thing or two about what they are talking about, then Govia's share price, MP fury, public demonstrations etc are the only thing that might work.

It's a bit like us fans saying during the Archer/Bellotti days - let the club staff and FA deal with them, nothing to do with us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here