Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southend's New Stadium (The sperm)

Hockley Blues

Feb 3, 2005
Southend
Is it anywhere near a station, considering how close Roots Hall is to Prittlewell? I can't think how clubs - Wycombe, Yeovil, etc, have managed to get away with stadia nowhere near stations, considering the hoops we have had to go through.

It's only about 5 extra minutes walk from Prittlewell, compared to Roots Hall. Just turn left out of the station rather than right.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Am a bit worried that I sort of like the look of it

Me too! If it does get built there will be nothing like it the UK, a really individual design.

I think the challenge for a club of Southend’s stature will be filling the place especially if it is poorly served by rail and roads.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
[tweet]657580625835216896[/tweet]

Well, that looks a bit more realistic. My seven year old announced recently that he supports Southend. Can't complain seeing as he was born there.

I have now, obviously, told him to get out of my house the sarky little ****.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
CSbUPO_U8AAeiLj.jpg

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
How exactly is this being funded? It's no secret that Southend's chairman is hardly rich. On a couple of times he has been served with winding up petitions for late tax bills.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Q1 To the nearest dozen, how many artist's impressions and/or plans of the new Southend stadium have you seen over the last 30 years?
Q2 Unless they go back to playing Friday nights how on earth do they propose to fill those seats?

I have nothing against Southend United, but they have no fans, no likelihood of getting any and this is likely to end up like Darlington.

You can already see what a shiny new stadium in Essex looks like, its in Colchester and no one goes there either (36% full this year) http://www.emfootball.co.uk/attend.html

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Q1 To the nearest dozen, how many artist's impressions and/or plans of the new Southend stadium have you seen over the last 30 years?
Q2 Unless they go back to playing Friday nights how on earth do they propose to fill those seats?

I have nothing against Southend United, but they have no fans, no likelihood of getting any and this is likely to end up like Darlington.

You can already see what a shiny new stadium in Essex looks like, its in Colchester and no one goes there either (36% full this year) http://www.emfootball.co.uk/attend.html

To be fair, before we got the Amex, over the 40 years that I've followed the Albion there have been numerous artists impressions. Waterhall, Corals etc etc. I also seem to remember that when we first started talking about a new stadium we were in the basement and the talk was of building a couple of sides only!!!

Marmaduke

SE London Seagull
Apr 28, 2010
SE London
I remember back in the dark days.... there was a pull-out in the programme. This highlighted the board's 'vision'.

It was a football pitch with purple, red and yellow chunks around the edge... and labelled the future.

Thank god

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here