Southend vs Albion - Match Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
Kinky Gerbils said:
Doesnt really get away from the fact that a keeper should get a corner in his own 6 yard box.

He might not be to blame.

Wait to see the goals before judging please :angel:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Kinky Gerbils said:
Doesnt really get away from the fact that a keeper should get a corner in his own 6 yard box.
So based on a one line text, you've decided it was Kuipers's fault? What a load of bollocks. For all you know, that corner was flicked on at the near post over his head, he might have been impeded, ANYTHING might have happened. :rolleyes:

Chickenrunner

Jul 26, 2004
honestly, what a bunch you lot are!
we go away to a team a league above us and are within 5 minutes of snatching it.
and that's with a team three quarters full of youngsters who again gave their all.
It's got to bode well for the future surely? ( don't call me shirley...etc, etc)

and don't get me started on knocking Kuipers ...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What a sickener. Southend goal times of 87, 88 and 90. Unbelievable.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Chickenrunner said:
honestly, what a bunch you lot are!
we go away to a team a league above us and are within 5 minutes of snatching it.
and that's with a team three quarters full of youngsters who again gave their all.
It's got to bode well for the future surely? ( don't call me shirley...etc, etc)

and don't get me started on knocking Kuipers ...

I think it's the frustration of seeing a defeat snatched from the jaws of victory again. We have become so used to it that we almost expect a 1-0 lead to turn into a defeat, but it doesn't make it any better when it actually happens. It seems to have been our problem for too long, no matter who the manager is. People get fed up with seeing this, and need somewhere to vent their anger when it happens with such frustrating regularity.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Kinky Gerbils said:
Doesnt stop people when its someone else does it?
So you're one of a handful of people here who blame players despite not seeing the incidents in question for yourself to "prove" a point. Well done.

Yoda

English & European
Kinky Gerbils said:
Why not? Im sure there would be about 7 new threads on here calling Hendo a clown by now if it was the other way round

Just grow up. It's starting to get a bit sad and tiresome. :nono:

If we weren't allowed opinions we'd be under a dictatorship.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
HampshireSeagulls said:
Should the players not have to face the fans when they let us down like this? Should they not be accountable for this sort of result?
Well, facing the fans is a bit difficult when the fans are all sitting at home... But I'm sure they'll be so glad you pointed out their deficiencies - they probably wouldn't have noticed without your paranormal, distant insights. :jester:

Yoda

English & European
Kinky Gerbils said:
Again, not the case with Henderson is it?

I've not gone on & on & on about it like some people. Only recently when I felt (My opinion) his form was dropping.

Like I said, I feel he was getting complacent knowing that McGhee would always pick him over Kuipers and not having that pressure on him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports