Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southend v Brighton 11th August

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Big news? :lolol:

I'm not sure it's exactly big news, but I just went to get one and they had to get somebody to bring one down from the upstairs office. The lady said somebody had made a booking this morning for 96 concessionary tickets, so one of the office guys had spent a few minutes tearing off the adult stubs from said 96 tickets.

Then they discovered somebody had already torn 96 stubs off another pile of tickets, so they were sat there with 192 concession tickets :lol: :facepalm:

Somebody then brought the torn off adult stubs down, and stapled it back on to the ticket they gave me. So I'm hoping Southend get the message, and don't think I'm on some kind of scam with a kids' ticket made (badly) to look like an adult one :D

More to the point: who the HELL has just booked 96 seats? For SOUTHEND?? Has Zamora got more kids than we thought?

Yes that's the big news - Someone booking 96 tickets is mental - but for a league cup match away on a Tues evening...!!!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes that's the big news - Someone booking 96 tickets is mental - but for a league cup match away on a Tues evening...!!!!

Yes indeed. Could be senior citizens of course- the tickets don't specify, they just say concessions- but I'd have thought it was more likely to be a group of kids, seeing as it's the school holidays.

Either that, or BensGrandad went to book himself a ticket and suffered another one of his little technology fails.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes indeed. Could be senior citizens of course- the tickets don't specify, they just say concessions- but I'd have thought it was more likely to be a group of kids, seeing as it's the school holidays.

Either that, or BensGrandad went to book himself a ticket and suffered another one of his little technology fails.

Last bit made me :lol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Anyone having difficulties with postal tickets? I bought mine last Tuesday and as of this morning nothing's arrived at home? I tried the ticket office but missed the closure point by 10 mins this evening . I'll have to call in the morning and see what can be done as I'm inside their 24 hour time limit by the morning?

hastings

Jan 15, 2010
Suffolk
Anyone having difficulties with postal tickets? I bought mine last Tuesday and as of this morning nothing's arrived at home? I tried the ticket office but missed the closure point by 10 mins this evening . I'll have to call in the morning and see what can be done as I'm inside their 24 hour time limit by the morning?

I spoke to them last Friday and again this afternoon. They originally stated my tickets had been posted on the 1st but still no sight of them today. Basically ticket office said they'd had problems and they were adding names to a list so that people could pick them up from Southend ticket office prior to the game. As if it wasn't a rush already!!

theboybilly

I bought my tickets weeks ago but no sign of them as of this morning. I emailed the ticket office to find out what my options were. Later in the day I was passing the Amex so decided to drop in. The lovely lady in the office said that my ticket had been sent out on the 31st July, and that she had replied to my email and put duplicate details for me to show at Southend. Not ideal but will have to do I suppose.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Interesting to see who starts for this one.
You would imagine Maenpaa, Calderon, Rea, Chicksen, Rosenior, Ince, JFC, O'Grady........ Maybe Zamora and Crofts on the bench? I wonder too if Ward or Tilley might get a chance of a few minutes?
Greer needs practice with Rea.

Gametime for Calderon and Rosenior.

Wrap March and Lua Lua in cotton wool as we have no other wingers, so leave them both in Brighton.

If Chicksen doesn't get a game it shows he's finnished at the albion.

So my starting lineup :

Maenpaa

Calderon
Greer
Rea
Rosenior

Ince
Holla
JFC
Tilley

COG
Colunga

Subs
Ankers, Zamora, Crofts + 4 dev squad

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
I bought my tickets weeks ago but no sign of them as of this morning. I emailed the ticket office to find out what my options were. Later in the day I was passing the Amex so decided to drop in. The lovely lady in the office said that my ticket had been sent out on the 31st July, and that she had replied to my email and put duplicate details for me to show at Southend. Not ideal but will have to do I suppose.

Had a very similar experience . No tickets as yet and have arranged collection at the ground . Have emailed Mr Barber as it's been an utter shambles

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Greer needs practice with Rea.

Gametime for Calderon and Rosenior.

Wrap March and Lua Lua in cotton wool as we have no other wingers, so leave them both in Brighton.

If Chicksen doesn't get a game it shows he's finnished at the albion.

So my starting lineup :

Maenpaa

Calderon
Greer
Rea
Rosenior

Ince
Holla
JFC
Tilley

COG
Colunga

Subs
Ankers, Zamora, Crofts + 4 dev squad

Agree, re Chicksen. But I wouldn't be surprised if he played as a left midfielder like he did against Gillingham. With hat being so my XI would be:

image.jpg

With a bench of: Stockdale, Dallison, White, Holla, Crofts, Starkey/ Ward, Zamora/ Akindayini

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62

Still no ticket for me. Bought ticket on Wed 15 July - the first day that they were available.
Being Platinum only guarantees early purchase, and not necessarily early delivery. More like at the bottom of the pile - first in, last out.
Fulham tickets only came last Saturday, and only another 7 days for Huddersfield.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Still no ticket for me. Bought ticket on Wed 15 July - the first day that they were available.
Being Platinum only guarantees early purchase, and not necessarily early delivery. More like at the bottom of the pile - first in, last out.
Fulham tickets only came last Saturday, and only another 7 days for Huddersfield.

Same here but got all three together last week :shrug:

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Ordered 2 tickets on line a week ago but have not arrived. Phoned ticket office today and they said I will need to collect from Southend ticket office. Sounds like it could be a long queue.

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea

BG will be in for a bit of a shock when he sees £960 has been debited from his bank account.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
My ticket for Southend hasn't arrived either. Had this same problem last season for the Charlton away game. Wondering now if Fulham and Huddersfield tickets will turn up in time too? Don't need the hassle of getting into work late as waiting for postman and then leaving early. And/or having to phone the ticket office and sit on hold for however it long it takes. Bought ticket ages ago how hard can it be??

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Ticket office staff are paid peanuts and most likely don't give a shite if an individual gets a ticket or not, their new trick is 'I will call you back after I have looked into it' of course you never get a call which means you have to dial that poxy 0844 number again. Shame really as the girls in Queens road back in the day used to really look after me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here