Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southamton v Brentford

Crawley Boy

Oct 13, 2003
Crawley
NB: Sorry if this has been posted already

Brentford didn't get 15% of tickets for Saturday's game and then didn't give priority to season ticket holders.

:dunce:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
and all those that dont get tickets will travel to torquay next week:nono:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What's all this about Martin Allen telling ticketless Brentford fans to not travel, are they expecting trouble?

Southampton and Brentford don't seem the type to get in fisticuffs with eachother?

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
What's all this about Martin Allen telling ticketless Brentford fans to not travel, are they expecting trouble?

Southampton and Brentford don't seem the type to get in fisticuffs with eachother?

There is a fear that loyal Bees fans will infiltrate the home seats!!

Bet Southampton are glad they aren't at home to the "intimidating Reading crew"

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
What a complete shambles - doesn't take a great deal of market research to work out that Brentford might be really up for this game and to engage the supporters' club view on things as well as independent advice/historical data might be an idea.

Man Utd/Exeter
Spurs/Brighton
Chelsea/Scunthorpe

All had large followings of 9,000, 6,000, and 6,000 away fans respectively. This game is a later stage in the competition, and its only 70 miles away for away fans to travel.

Saints were hardly going to sell out 31,000 to fans, so offered 4,700. Why Brentford only took 3,200 is a complete mystery, and I'd be enraged if I was a Brentford fan. Saints should have restricted selling in other areas as well, so as to engage the possible 15% that needs to be allocated for away fans by regulation.

What a complete mess.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Perry Milkins said:
Bet Southampton are glad they aren't at home to the "intimidating Reading crew"

Careful... we're known to go on a par with the almighty Brighton Feather Duster Crew. Well known for their spring cleaning of local streets and establishments. It'll be one hell of a cleanup when we meet at Withdean!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ron Noades wouldn't be making a bit of extra money here in some capacity would he? No thought not

Dr Breakfast

Feb 13, 2005
Sussex innit
Brentford fans could take the home seats and even get in wearing their own colours!

I think this ticketing situation is a massive shame tough as I think Brentford are probably my favourite league club after my beloved seagulls. Such an amiable bunch and they have the distinction of having the only ground in the football league with a pub on each corner! Marvellous

SongSungBlue

Feb 16, 2005
Croydon
Wilts said:
Careful... we're known to go on a par with the almighty Brighton Feather Duster Crew. Well known for their spring cleaning of local streets and establishments. It'll be one hell of a cleanup when we meet at Withdean!

We'll be tooled up with canisters of Mr Muscle and numerous cartons of Vim. You have been warned!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Brentford were asked to pay the money up front if they wanted more than 10percent and decided that they wouldn't. Now, where have I heard that before?

plymouth nige

plymouth nige
Oct 21, 2003
plymouth
Brentford were asked to pay the money up front if they wanted more than 10percent and decided that they wouldn't. Now, where have I heard that before?

Er - West Ham Spurs to name a few -- what is so annoying is the fact Southampton won't fill the ground - they could'nt even fill it when they played Pompey

Rupert Lowe absolute tosser

wcnige

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Apparently people at the front of the Brentford queue were buying up to 20 / 30 tickets at a time.

Regulars supporters were not getting a look in!

:dunce: :dunce:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
ChapmansThe Saviour said:

They will be rucking over who has the best shade of red and white striped shirt.

Its a notorius flash point.

Recent rows include Cheltenham, Exeter, Stoke, Sheff Utd and Sunderland!

Expect carnage!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There is a bloke at work who is a Brentford Season Ticket Holder and pays a £20 a month Direct Debit into the Save our Bees fund and he did not get a ticket.

He phoned up in a right strop and spoke to the commercail director...told him exactly what he thought of him...told him to shove his £20 a month where the sun dont shine...and said they would not get one penny off him until they sorted out the problem.

The Commercial director put him on to a ticket agency ( I kid you not) who had "bought" a block of 200 tickets and wanted £85 a ticket.

The last thing I saw of him, he was heading for the door with a large cricket bat in his hand.

He hasn't been into work since Monday...I dread to think what he has done :eek: :eek: :eek:

Makes our spat re STH and Tottenham look tame

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Priority should have gone to loyal away travellers.

Martin Allen has said his tickets will go to people he knows went to Hartlepool, and people who rescued his mum and wife when they were lost up north!

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
6,000 Brentford fans will be heading down there on Saturday, 3,000 with tickets and the other 3,000 with no tickets. I think we might see a disaster on our hands. There might be trouble if Brentford fans get tickets for the saints end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here