Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
….you missed the best of the day though, which was the 10 mins after the final whistle. Never leave early !

I know dazzer, and I never usually do. Just the announcement in the ground spooked me because I have to get back up home
to Kent. As it turned, out half the Albion fans had to get back to Clapham and back down again as it was.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know dazzer, and I never usually do. Just the announcement in the ground spooked me because I have to get back up home
to Kent. As it turned, out half the Albion fans had to get back to Clapham and back down again as it was.

That did sound a bit crap. Luckily we drove….back in Burgess Hill before 7.30.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Anyone know when (if?) we last scored a goal that late? Think Palace was 90+5, this was 90+8.
Given how it now seems everyone was at the Goldstone to see it, I'm sure that the Wilkins free kick against Ipswich has now been timed as 90+350

But struggling to think of anything later than todays goal.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Two thoughts about today...

- everyone thought we would struggle without Dunk and Webster - and we did. That's the context that I'll put our first half performance in.

- December and still only one away defeat. Amazing! I'm going to the next away game so there will be a second before Christmas no doubt, but still an amazing stat for Brighton.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Anyone know when (if?) we last scored a goal that late? Think Palace was 90+5, this was 90+8.

Solly v Man Utd was 90+5 as well. But of course they scored the winner after the final whistle....

David Lopez's penalty against Blackburn (1-1) in 2013 was timed at 90+7.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The game is available in full now (the full 100 minutes !) on demand on Sky/Now TV

There’s an interesting bit of commentary where they suggest Gross was upset at being subbed and went “straight down the tunnel”. (This was just after they showed that Gross gave a normal routine handshake with Potter when he came off)

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Has it been said what was wrong with Dunky, don;t remember seeing it anywhere?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

My youngest is on the books at Southampton and so I get regular email updates from the club, this paragraph from today’s has left a big smile on my face! So bitter! Cruelly denied - [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] :

On Saturday, the first team were cruelly denied three points deep into stoppage time as Neal Maupay poached a 98th-minute equaliser for visitors Brighton, who could scarcely believe their luck having been second best throughout at St Mary’s.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here