Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Are you a man aged between 18 and 32? Are you in the Brighton area? Are you free next Sunday afternoon?

If so, you could have a chance of playing in defence for Brighton & Hove Albion in the Premier League next weekend,,,
Darn I just turned 33

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Disgraceful performance. Time to press the panic button now. Lots of fixtures coming up, we have next to no confidence and we're playing at home next, where we all know we play poorly when under even more pressure.

I guessing you are not so solid at the back currently might be time to invest in some nappies, we are Brighton and we will be nearer to relegation than Europe for a while yet get used to it and be thankful for a good start to the season.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
10 without a win and players dropping like flies.

Maybe though, because the normal 11 can’t win either, that the development squad will develop a winning habit instead? Could be the dawn of a new era?!!! :)

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
Going behind to a self-inflicted goal is getting to be a bit of a habit and going for a battling draw seems to be our best hope these days, can anyone see us getting a win anytime soon?

Was there just a stadium announcement saying 1-0 and you can’t go home

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Disgraceful performance. Time to press the panic button now. Lots of fixtures coming up, we have next to no confidence and we're playing at home next, where we all know we play poorly when under even more pressure.

Disgraceful comment…..

It’s football, it happens, one bad performance does not warrant panic…

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Ozwald

Dec 8, 2019
I don’t think we do. We don’t think same of Lana that’s all. Which is fine. He was a very good player. I think we got a good player by time he signed for us. But his constant absence and fact when he does play he can’t score and/or we don’t win either is why I’d argue we don’t “miss” him, in the same way we do Dunk and Webster as you also said. Just no basis for thinking had he played today we’d win or even draw.

Just because we weren't winning with him in the team doesn't mean with him in the team we don't play better. He brings a calm and ease on the ball to the midfield that we are lacking in this match, compounded by the fact that we are missing calm and ease on the ball at the back in the likes of dunk and webster. By your logic we don't "miss" Dunk because when he plays we don't win, you could say the same for every player in the team ahah.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Holy Moly! Trossard stretchered off too?

OK. I think reaching for the panic button is beginning to look like a legitimate course of action.

:(

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Okay

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
This is the first season in the prem where injuries are really going to test us.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We're about as tough as mechanically recovered chicken nuggets.

In fairness they can be a bit chewy and trouble for the stomach to break down. Ultimately though they turn to shit also so not a bad analogy about today’s performance! ;)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Not a good time of the year to have a long injury list. Not that anytime of the year is good for that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here