Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Three defeats, isn't it?

And how many wins in the last two and a bit months? We are the team that others look forward to playing against at the moment without doubt. We are blunt going forward and make mistakes going forward.

I say this as a Potter fan and some of our passages of play are excellent but overall, we’re not a great unit at the moment. I do also think Potters rant about the fans and quoting the league position was a mistake, our league placing is a joke.

We may well get back into this as we do have a bit of fight and we can’t play that badly again against a very average side but at the moment I can’t see where our next win is coming from.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
worst half of the season- really bad. Some players look tired, passing terrible esp Sanchez. Mwepu not back up to speed. Trossard poor. Maupay not a sniff. Lamptey stiffled. Can only get better? At least one change needed at half time. Possibly Mac or Solly on. Think Roberts needs to be given a chance if 2-0 down as prep for next game.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not a great half but we are missing our captain and both Adams. All of whom are hard to replace.

Also 2 away games in 3 days is always a drain. Remember Southampton have been at home for both and have improved loads recently.

GP often makes changes at the break and it’s a long way from over.

Remember Sanchez 1st half v 2nd half when was it now….oh yeah 3 days ago!

Game still there to be won so let’s get behind the team.

We don’t miss Adam L because he cannot score, that’s proven. Not is he available most the time. And the players he sets up, if he does, don’t score either. So all I all, there’s nothing to miss about Adam L. He’s ok, but we haven’t and don’t miss him. There’s zero evidence of this during his time at Albion really like him as I do.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
We have some very good young CBs so maybe one or two will have to step up.

Burn as senior CB is a worry though.

Its hard to think about "worry" when you haven't won in 10, and 1-0 down at half time. I know what you mean, but we have bigger problems

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
The idea of keeping possession at the back and playing through the press makes sense, sadly we simply do not have the requisite personnel with pace to actually transition once we’ve beaten the press. Every team seems to launch at us with numbers whilst we amble up the field with some nice passes culminating in the whole thing breaking down about 25 yards out and the inevitable attempt to play Lamptey/Cucurella in behind a full back with no space to run into.

Or recycled back to the keeper. Today, with such poor passing is tantamount to football suicide.:facepalm:

D

Deleted member 2719

Can Potter work his magic, the bench doesn't appear to be as useful as normal?

Come on Albion.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
seems a highly predictable performance so far. For whatever reason we have been slightly off the pace recently and are always ready and obliging to give away cheap goals. Sanchez is becoming too inconsistent in this regard and with our sloth like transitions any good play from defence quickly gets nullified. If we had a decent attacking strike force these issues may not be of such a concern, but as it stands we are consistently 1 goal away from a struggle in every game.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
“Can’t remember Brighton looking this unsteady. Huge gap between midfield and defence. Southampton are having a field day at times. They’ve played well, and carry the greater bite in midfield. But I imagine Graham Potter will tinker at half-time, or very soon after.”

But he didn’t…

Warren and Jonny also surprised. Come on lads, we need to draw ugly. A win is definitely beyond this stinking performance but I’ll take a draw!

D

Deleted member 2719

seems a highly predictable performance so far. For whatever reason we have been slightly off the pace recently and are always ready and obliging to give away cheap goals. Sanchez is becoming too inconsistent in this regard and with our sloth like transitions any good play from defence quickly gets nullified. If we had a decent attacking strike force these issues may not be of such a concern, but as it stands we are consistently 1 goal away from a struggle in every game.
Sanchez is like all really good keepers, a howler is close by..... let's hope he can minimise these and save our bacon as he did against West Ham in the end.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Trossard Caught in possession and we are lucky not to concede. Ffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
“Can’t remember Brighton looking this unsteady. Huge gap between midfield and defence. Southampton are having a field day at times. They’ve played well, and carry the greater bite in midfield. But I imagine Graham Potter will tinker at half-time, or very soon after.”

But he didn’t…

Warren and Jonny also surprised. Come on lads, we need to draw ugly. A win is definitely beyond this stinking performance but I’ll take a draw!

So are the commentators on my stream.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here