Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Fantastic. I'm grinning from ear to ear. I love the way we play in these sort of games. We are organised and when we have the ball we play some decent stuff. I would love for us to play like this for the rest of the season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
***WARNING***

There's barely a word you can listen to on this that's compatible with work.
I'm fairness there's also not much that's safe for home either.

That said those, to my great shame much of this alternate comms made me laugh:-

[tweet]1371165219083464711[/tweet]

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
Fantastic 3 points - not our most glittering display of recent weeks, but very efficient and WE WON! Well done GP and the boys.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Fantastic 3 points - not our most glittering display of recent weeks, but very efficient and WE WON! Well done GP and the boys.

No - but for those who don't watch us much it was pretty good. Mother-in-law phoned to say 'what a great display, good team - played really well, etc'. Sounded surprised when I said it wasn't anything like our normal display.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Just been looking at the comments on the Southampton Echo website match report. A fair amount of “credit to Brighton” to be fair.

But also a lot of “Ralph has lost it” and a fair bit of “where’s the passion” and “why isn’t he getting at them from the touch line”.

Reminded me of somewhere else!?....... and I have never complained about Mr P’s lack of passion. In fact I appreciate his calmness!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
***WARNING***

AMUSING Slenderman reference in that.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
***WARNING***

Very funny. He’s copying this guy who does the West Ham commentaries with his cat called Tibbles.

[tweet]1369274079623192578[/tweet]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The SaintsWeb forum match thread is enjoyable.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
It seems to me that - good though he is - Biss changed down a gear a few matches ago, perhaps he'd rather be playing for Arsenal?

He has definitely dropped a level. Saving himself from potential injury for his dream move

His form does seem to have dropped off a little in the last few games, but there are plenty of potential reasons for it other than having his head turned/saving himself from injury in case it stops a move.

In fact, it's unusual to see players stay at peak form for long streaks, so I'm more inclined to just put it down to a reversion to 'standard' form after being so good for a bunch of games. It'll come back - just a part of the usual pattern of varying form like pretty much every footballer.

He's also still good, despite not being at his very best.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Indeed. I never understand the argument that we should take into account the strength of player appeals. PL players are mostly a bunch of cheats and nobody should ever consider their opinions on refereeing decisions.

Indeed.

Both sides appeal for every throw in/Goal kick/Corner when they know full well what the correct decision is.
It's ingrained to try and swing the decision their way.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
His form does seem to have dropped off a little in the last few games, but there are plenty of potential reasons for it other than having his head turned/saving himself from injury in case it stops a move.

In fact, it's unusual to see players stay at peak form for long streaks, so I'm more inclined to just put it down to a reversion to 'standard' form after being so good for a bunch of games. It'll come back - just a part of the usual pattern of varying form like pretty much every footballer.

He's also still good, despite not being at his very best.

I agree. Thought Biss a little better yesterday than in the previous 3 or so games but still below his usual high standard.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Nice one.

Interesting, that the Saints doom mongers are very similar to the ones we have here. All about them, and no regard to the other team, their players, their manager or their performance. As if it’s a given they just need to play well and they get points. Forgetting there’s another team involved who have a say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here