Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Southampton sack Hughes

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Not so.

Not sure what the split in ownership is, but Katharina Liebherr is still there.

She brought in the (Chinese) Gao family as 'partners' in 2017.

(Nicola) Cortese was HATED by the Saints fans, who rejoiced at his departure. He kept a tight ship though, however many enemies he made along the way.

From what I've read on their forum she still owns 20% having sold the other 80% at a massively over inflated price. I don't think she has any influence over the day to day running of the club.

As you say Cortese ran a tight ship behind the scenes so it looks to me like Saints fans should've been more careful what they wished for! You can see some loose parallels with the way some of our fans moan about Barber. Obviously I'm no expert and you live down that way so happy to be corrected.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Who is next off the shithouse manager gravy train? I've lost track of the rotation.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A club with issues, keep selling their best players. Unless they invest they are doomed

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm obviously disappointed to see Hughes go as he was doing a brilliant job there.

I feel doubly sorry for the Cardiff fans because not only will Southampton improve but if Cardiff revert to type and Warnock gets the sack then all-Welsh trio Hughes, Bowen and Niedzwicki will - in all likelihood - get the gig and take them down anyway.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Moyes I reckon.

He might be a safe bet. If I was a Saints fan all l would want, for the remainder of this season at least, is an experienced pair of hands, a firefighter if you will, who has the best chance of keeping them in the Premier League in the short term.

Whatever people may say about him, Sam Alladyce also has a great record of doing just that.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Sol Campbell to Saints? He's surely proved his worth at Macclesfield.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Can't believe Manc fans wanting Hughes to take over from Mourinho.:rolleyes:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Looks like they are being strongly linked with Ralph Hasenhüttl, the man who took RB Leipzig from 2nd div strugglers to Bundesliga runners up in 2 years.

On the face of it, that could well be a very bad appointment for the rest of us.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Looks like they are being strongly linked with Ralph Hasenhüttl, the man who took RB Leipzig from 2nd div strugglers to Bundesliga runners up in 2 years.

On the face of it, that could well be a very bad appointment for the rest of us.

Locally he's the man in the frame.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Harry will be free in a week or so

From '' King of the Jungle'' to mear ''Southampton Subject'' what a fall from Grace even for Arry. He wouldn't take the pay cut - People who win that programme make a fortune in Advertising for the first year or so after it doing eff all

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
From '' King of the Jungle'' to mear ''Southampton Subject'' what a fall from Grace even for Arry. He wouldn't take the pay cut - People who win that programme make a fortune in Advertising for the first year or so after it doing eff all

Plus the fact that the Southampton fans all detest him, of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here