Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton parking

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sold out by 9.01.

Does it really have to be this difficult?
I don't see why they can't sell season tickets. Were it not for the kind intervention of an NSC regular, with my intermittent knee and spine issues I would have had to give up going to games.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't think I've ever bought parking upon release as I've never known when parking is released.

But if it does really sell out in seconds, it does seem the extra spaces released the week of the game are easier to nab - that's where all mine have come from, and there are still Wolves spaces for Saturday remaining as I type this.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Bloody F*****g hell. That was an absolute shitfest. Phone and tablet fired up, logged in and ready before 9.00am. Constant alternate refresh on each. Thrown momentarily by the new layout and parking disappeared before my eyes like sand through an egg timer. Why the f*** change the booking format for the final couple of matches left to book? Especially now demand is at it's highest. No, I didn't get them. :rant:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Managed to get one but I’m all fingers and thumbs as we approach 9am. It’s a great relief paying £15 to park for a few hours.
Surely re introducing a parking season ticket is the answer

I don't see why they can't sell season tickets. Were it not for the kind intervention of an NSC regular, with my intermittent knee and spine issues I would have had to give up going to games.
I don't think they will any time soon as demand exceeds supply by such a great margin.

All that would happen is the parking STs sell out within seconds of release leaving only a few spaces available match-by-match.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Managed to get one but I’m all fingers and thumbs as we approach 9am. It’s a great relief paying £15 to park for a few hours.
Surely re introducing a parking season ticket is the answer
If they do introduce a season ticket, it would be good if the extra cost could also be spread over 12m. I'm perfectly happy paying £15 ad hoc, but less keen on £185 lump sum.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I don't think I've ever bought parking upon release as I've never known when parking is released.

But if it does really sell out in seconds, it does seem the extra spaces released the week of the game are easier to nab - that's where all mine have come from, and there are still Wolves spaces for Saturday remaining as I type this.
They literally all go within a minute of being released. I take your point about nabbing a ticket in the week leading up to the game and that’s fine if you have an alternative or back up arrangement but if you are car dependent it’s much less stressful having parking sorted a few weeks before the match.

Surely a parking season ticket would suit those with a whole of season commitment who are willing to pay upfront or by monthly DD. We could even have our own little area with valeting and speedy exit 😀😀

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It's an absolute load of unnecessary shite. I end up booking Park on my Drive and cancelling if I can get a last minute Uni/Bridge space. A load of hassle for the privilege of paying £15 on top of the travel costs included in our season tickets for a pretty shit matchday parking experience. Ho hum.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I used the University parking for the Brentford game. Nobody checked my ticket and none of the stewards were able to answer simple questions. It really is a shambles.

I guess they check number plates at some point during the afternoon, but who knows?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They literally all go within a minute of being released. I take your point about nabbing a ticket in the week leading up to the game and that’s fine if you have an alternative or back up arrangement but if you are car dependent it’s much less stressful having parking sorted a few weeks before the match.

Surely a parking season ticket would suit those with a whole of season commitment who are willing to pay upfront or by monthly DD. We could even have our own little area with valeting and speedy exit 😀😀
Sorry - I'm not justifying not joining the day-of-release bunfight with the hope/expectation of getting a space later. Parking release dates have never been on my radar at all, and I've nearly always been able to pick one up on the week of the game, generally when someone posts on here that there are some up for grabs.

I know the club have no intention of offering parking season tickets for next season as it came up when they gave me a briefing of the ST renewal process - it would make the whole thing worse, other than for the lucky few who managed to get one.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I used the University parking for the Brentford game. Nobody checked my ticket and none of the stewards were able to answer simple questions. It really is a shambles.

I guess they check number plates at some point during the afternoon, but who knows?
They certainly don't check number plates - often we book a parking ticket without knowing who / which car we'll be in (group of 5 and we take in turns) - just put the same car reg no. in every time.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
IF the club get hold of Bennett's Field again for 1901 then hopefully there will be the chance to buy a parking ST at the Uni?

I fear that they will wait until the following season - and parking will be part of a major shake up of travel to/from The Amex.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here