Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***South Korea v Algeria, The Offical Match thread***

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Glenn Hoddle is still clinging to his baggy 1990s shirts, isn't he?

Who have been your favourite TV pundits so far? I think it's got to be Thierry Henry, surprisingly, and Wee Gordon for me. WGS manages to be both insightful and witty at the same time, when most of them can't manage either. Quite like Cannavaro, although he does look faintly incredulous at times at some of Chiles' absolutely pathetic questions.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A classic World Cup encounter where you find yourself cheering and 'oohing' and 'aahing' at passages of play between two random nations you have absolutely no connection with.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A classic World Cup encounter where you find yourself cheering and 'oohing' and 'aahing' at passages of play between two random nations you have absolutely no connection with.

It's great, isn't it?

It does wind me up though, how much the presenters still insist on cramming gratuitous England references in at every opportunity. We flunked it. Move on (third group game aside). Lineker in particular seems to think we're all hanging ourselves and can't possibly get on with our lives or enjoy the World Cup without bringing England themes into it. Pffft. Let's enjoy the spectacle, England or not. A bloody marvellous spectacle it's been too, thus far.

Oh look. Another England piece...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Another storming game. I doubt any single player from that Algeria side would have got into Englands team and yet I wouldn't fancy our chances of beating them.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Glenn Hoddle is still clinging to his baggy 1990s shirts, isn't he?

Who have been your favourite TV pundits so far? I think it's got to be Thierry Henry, surprisingly, and Wee Gordon for me. WGS manages to be both insightful and witty at the same time, when most of them can't manage either. Quite like Cannavaro, although he does look faintly incredulous at times at some of Chiles' absolutely pathetic questions.

Henry is done now. He was pretty good, except for a terrible habit:

Discussing a controversial decision, someone says something like 'it was never a foul', which everyone in the world understands as 'it shouldn't have been awarded as a foul', and Henry responds with 'it was, because the referee gave it', thinking it is both a deeply philosophical and also matter of fact response.

I hate it. It was occasionally a good point, ages ago, to point out that a goal is a goal because the ref gave it (or variant of) but it's a horrible cliche now of the sort that I'd expect a Sky Sports armchair wanker to spout thinking they're a wise football expert. Ergh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here