South Africa v England, 3rd Test, Cape Town

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
2/1, Strauss out.

Poor poor shot, foot nowhere near the ball and Boucher snaffles off Morkel's bowling. :nono:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not what we needed after great bowling to finish them off
5 wickets down today, but don't be fooled. It's a new cherry this morning, and the fast bowling has been superb. If the SA bowlers start spraying it, England will score for fun. It really ought to be a lovely batting day as there isn't a cloud in the sky and there are no cracks on the pitch.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
We are having a torrid time just now - but it can change if they get set and as teh new ball gets older

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Cook 50 :thumbsup:

Lets hope he goes on to get a ton and someone hangs around. Bell is stcking right now so this could be a big partership.

102 for 4

Only 2 an over 180 odd behind.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just put TMS on and Cook went 1st ball, sorry, my fault :(

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Actually I blame CRICINFO:

50.4 Morkel to Cook, OUT, huge breakthrough for South Africa!
50.3 Morkel to Cook, no run, back on the off stump line and Cook defends into the off side
50.2 Morkel to Cook, no run, outside off again, going further with the over-the-wicket angle, Cook fences at it, needlessly, but connects well
50.1 Morkel to Cook, no run, starts outside off, Cook leaves alone, as he has done so well since Durban

This is, as always it seems, a crucial session. If Bell and Cook can profit from the old ball then England could build a first-innings lead. An early wicket, however, and South Africa will fancy their chances. Morkel to get things underway.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Actually I blame CRICINFO:

Thanks Sims.. feeling a tad better now.. plus Bell lapping 3 boundaries has cheered me too

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What a strange game -the Boks now after the prize wicket of Bell.

It's about time Matt Prior delivered in a crisis - I'm sure he'd agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports