Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Soup

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Boring old Heinz Tomato occasionally as a treat,being diabetic naughty old Heinz Tomato Soup contains up to 4 Teaspoonfuls of Sugar in it which is much as a bowl of Frosties . Boring information i know,but the rules i have to play by.

Well well, FOUR teaspoons of sugar, I knew Frosties was laden with it, but didn't know Heinz Tomato Soup had as much as that.

I feel for you not being able to partake more regularly, it's lovely stuff.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Homemade - so that will be either haddock chowder or tomato & roasted red pepper.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Well well, FOUR teaspoons of sugar, I knew Frosties was laden with it, but didn't know Heinz Tomato Soup had as much as that.

I feel for you not being able to partake more regularly, it's lovely stuff.
Runs in the family i've already been told i will inject one day ,but i'm on Tablets for now to control it. Everything in moderation so a little bit now and again is ok.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I eat so much of it I've been considering making my own and freezing batches up.

Does anyone have any good homemade recipes that are healthy?

I'd like warm and hearty ones as it's cold at work and need something warm and filling to help get through the day!

Every other week we make one from all the old veg in the bottom of the fridge ( the stuff you'd throw away or compost but obviously no mould involved ). Chop it all equally to the chunkiness you like. Toss in a big pot with a glug or two of olive oil and just gently fry off. Then add enough stock ( flavour is your choice ) to cover the veg. Heat up to a simmer. Keep it on a simmer for 90 minutes whilst topping up with boiling water as needed. Allow to cool. We then semi-blitz it with a hand blender. Add loads of black pepper and away you go. Cheap as chips and without all the shite Heinz adds.

Last edited:

akipling

Jan 12, 2010
Morecambe
image.jpg

Clam chowder in a sourdough breadbowl, Fishermas Wharf SF. Very nice :)

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Every other week we make one from all the old veg in the bottom of the fridge ( the stuff you'd throw away or compost but obviously no mould involved ). Chop it all equally to the chunkiness you like. Toss in a big pot with a glug or two of olive oil and just gently fry off. Then add enough stock ( flavour is your choice ) to cover the veg. Heat up to a simmer. Keep it on a simmer for 90 minutes whilst topping up with boiling water as needed. Allow to cool. We then semi-blitz it with a hand blender. Add loads of black pepper and away you go. Cheap as chips and without all the shite Heinz adds.

Excellent Thank-you. I shall give this a whirl....

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Excellent Thank-you. I shall give this a whirl....

The best thing is that you can adapt it. Sometimes we'll add some mild curry power or maybe some dried herbs. If we have some cooked chicken left over we'll chuck that in. Just remember the old adage when it comes to seasoning / spice - you can add more but never take away. Always taste it as you add seasoning and spice.

The best thing is that you can adapt it. Sometimes we'll add some mild curry power or maybe some dried herbs. If we have some cooked chicken left over we'll chuck that in. Just remember the old adage when it comes to seasoning / spice - you can add more but never take away. Always taste it as you add seasoning and spice.

Sage advice.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I've always thought they should have a hot soup at football, especially during the winter months. They used to sell soup at The Dogs in the old days, always went down well.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
home made pea and ham , leek potato and cauliflower , buzzara which is a spicy seafood soup of north african origin...(i think).

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Just made a blinding Chinese chicken and sweetcorn soup, beautiful.

Left over roast chicken shredded (not skin).
Chicken stock.
Tin Creamed Sweetcorn
Tin Original Sweetcorn.
Season lightly.

Now comes the Chinese flavourings that make this for me.

Dash of light soy sauce.
Dash of Sesame Oil
Vigorous shake of white pepper, dont be shy with this.
Then whisk in an egg white

and simmer, you'll love it mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
Today I had homemade broccoli and stilton, which had been frozen. I'm sure it tasted even better than the day it was made. It must be my favourite soup.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Scotch Broth.

Ticks all my boxes: goodness, variety of ingredients, filling, comforting and it tastes great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here