Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Soundbar or speakers?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm thinking of boosting the sound from my TV, been red carded on having a 7:1 system in the lounge, so the choice is a pair of powered stereo speakers or a soundbar.

Any advice appreciated.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
My friend has just got a Bose Sound Bar. It is stunning. However probably very expensive. It's the only Sound Bar I have heard though so not sure about other Sound Bars

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Been thinking it might be time to lose my denon 5.1 system to be honest and get decent sound bar for the tv and a sonos system for the music across the house. Too many speakers and wires at the moment.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I have a Yamaha DSP 4100 sound bar, sounds excellent, and does a pretty good job of creating simulated surround sound by bouncing sound off the walls. It has something like 32 individual drivers/speakers, very neat, unobtrusive.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Been thinking it might be time to lose my denon 5.1 system to be honest and get decent sound bar for the tv and a sonos system for the music across the house. Too many speakers and wires at the moment.

I've had a Sonos 5 for a while now which is excellent ...been toying with the sub that has recently been brought out..but a tad expensive :)

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I've had a Sonos 5 for a while now which is excellent ...been toying with the sub that has recently been brought out..but a tad expensive :)

The sub is ridiculously priced. Especially as you need the amp too. Looks a class bit of kit though. I was thinking of getting two Sonos 3s to put in the bedroom and kitchen and a 5 (or maybe two) for the front room. Is there a way to get your dvd/tv etc to play out of it?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The sub is ridiculously priced. Especially as you need the amp too. Looks a class bit of kit though. I was thinking of getting two Sonos 3s to put in the bedroom and kitchen and a 5 (or maybe two) for the front room. Is there a way to get your dvd/tv etc to play out of it?

There is a aux socket..which i presume you can use with the right leads with the TV....unless your lounge is massive I would have thought one would be ok....save the price of the other on a sub lol

Ye the sub is priced a bit daft...re amp..u mean u need the 5? As nothing else is needed

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Interesting. Will the soundbar be good enough to also pkay the part of main stereo speakers in the front room?

Well thats a good question....on the email i was sent today they were suggesting the sound bar under yur tv...with 2 three's and a sub...are you loaded? lol

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Well thats a good question....on the email i was sent today they were suggesting the sound bar under yur tv...with 2 three's and a sub...are you loaded? lol

So you would also need the amp? Certainly not that loaded. Thinking of getting two 3's for other rooms and actually hooking up my current surround system via the amp.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here