Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sort out this mess with gus,already costing albion big time

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
sort out this issue with gus,going to cost albion big time.we have lost out on wayne bridge who has now gone to reading(gutted),upsom is there to be signed on a free,and there is talk of david lopez going to forest.can you really see anyone wanting to join with this all going on.we should be getting ready for another great season but i'm starting to think its going to go pear shaped if this is not sorted and fast

Good thread Paul, I'm just surprised someone hasn't mentioned this before.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
So Lopez would rather go to Forest to play for their manager rather than take a chance at the Albion hoping to be playing for a better manager. I think I know which choice I would make if they were the 2 options

To be honest I think I'd go to former European champions forest,

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wow we have some twats on here, people who are saying just kick Gus out, what exactly are your reasons for saying this?

They're not allowed to speculate so have decided he must be guilty of whatever it is that we're not allowed to speculate about.

I've just found out about this luscious new club called Crystal Palace where you can get a season ticket and watch teams like the Arsenal, Welbeck and the boys when United come down, Lamps with Chelsea, and the legend that is G. Bale with the mighty Spurs!! Me and my mates have bought 4,000 season tickets between us, although we're prob not going to bother going to the games when they're playing teams we don't know like Hull or Cardiff, or the sh*t teams like Norwich, Fulham or Stoke.

Don't forget to factor in the cost of new Wellies - needed for the piss wading contest at half time.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Wow we have some twats on here, people who are saying just kick Gus out, what exactly are your reasons for saying this?

What are your reasons for saying he should stay?

He should go because:
His public rants re budget, Leeds love, love of other clubs (plus talking rubbish about refs, Suarez, etc.)
Not doing his job (retained list)
He clearly wants away
He thinks he is better than us (he isn't)
His selfishness
His arrogance
His huge ego
And so on...

In case you haven't noticed, he is currently suspended. Do you think that is for no reason whatsoever? Do you trust Tony?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
They're not allowed to speculate so have decided he must be guilty of whatever it is that we're not allowed to speculate about.

TBH Gus public pronouncements are enough to demonstrate that it would not be a good thing if he stays, even if his rants are NOT the official reason for his impending departure.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
one of the great things about boards like this is the opportunity they offer for almost unbridled over-reaction :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
sort out this issue with gus,going to cost albion big time.we have lost out on wayne bridge who has now gone to reading(gutted),upsom is there to be signed on a free,and there is talk of david lopez going to forest.can you really see anyone wanting to join with this all going on.we should be getting ready for another great season but i'm starting to think its going to go pear shaped if this is not sorted and fast

Nonsense.

Bridge went for the money. Little old Reading now have £12m more income than us as a reward for failure, and Bridge followed the money.

The £8m annual losses of the Gus era are now outlawed FL FFP rules, and that included paying Bridge just £10k to £15k of his wages. That business model was unsustainable and now banned.

Reading came along and due to their windfall were able to poach, after watching Bridge's obvious success last season.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
How much are Reading paying Bridge? All I hear is he has gone for the money but does anyone know that for sure maybe he simple feels they have a better chance of promotion and wants a last crack at the Premiership?
He has gone elsewhere and no one has a clue whether it was because of our situation or not so its past lets move on and start the usual close season ridiculous transfer speculation. I will start with Leighton Baines as I am sure he is unhappy with Martinez going to Everton, and he loves Brighton after spending many a childhood holiday here.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How much are Reading paying Bridge? All I hear is he has gone for the money but does anyone know that for sure maybe he simple feels they have a better chance of promotion and wants a last crack at the Premiership?

He's only signed a one year contract, so where Reading play in the 14/15 season is irrelevant.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Nonsense.

Bridge went for the money. Little old Reading now have £12m more income than us as a reward for failure, and Bridge followed the money.

The £8m annual losses of the Gus era are now outlawed FL FFP rules, and that included paying Bridge just £10k to £15k of his wages. That business model was unsustainable and now banned.

Reading came along and due to their windfall were able to poach, after watching Bridge's obvious success last season.

Bridge has always followed the money. I'd do the same. Clubs ambitions are irrelevant unless you have large wodges of cash to offer to back it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here