Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sorry to say but I'm starting to really HATE the Seagulls

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
[MENTION=29908]gregbrighton[/MENTION]

Fancy outlining why you thumbed-down my comment?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yes, very rich in protein (more so than Soya Beans) and it is eaten in some parts of South-East Asia, although most interest is in it's potential as a biofuel and animal-feed, given that it has the fastest doubling time of any flowering plant.

Other areas of interest include water remediation, control of evaporation and disturbance of the Mosquito life cycle.

Well if someone wants to harvest the bounty in Queens Park pond, I'll happily invest...

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Major issue. duckweed in Queens Park. I did a small blog about it al while back.

http://brightonlines.wordpress.com/2014/09/11/833/

It's a beautiful park, but the Friends group have to wade in the pond frequently to get rid of the weed.

Tis a real shame.

Oh, and the Seagulls stealing the chicks.

Duckweed is anything but a 'major issue' though. :dunce:

And your park ranger is wrong, the 'fertilising effect' of bird excrement would have absolutely no impact on the growth of duckweed in the pond.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Well if someone wants to harvest the bounty in Queens Park pond, I'll happily invest...

Offer it to local farmers, scoop it off pond surface, dry it in the sun and mix it with animal feed, hey presto. I don't have a large number of livestock or I might do it for you.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Seeeeeeeeagullllls??
seagulls.jpgView attachment 58480

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Silly old bag next door feeds the buggers. I'm plagued by them.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Like seagulls at the seaside. That's where they're supposed to be. Bl**dy pests inland in Gloucester though - friggin' sky-rats!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here