Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sorrento

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Good friend of mine went down on 1 knee on NYE whilst drunk and being egged on by me.
He seems to have carried this threat through.
l was hoping for Vegas but they have chosen Sorrento and the Choppers will be going in May.
Love Italy been to Rome, Venice and Tuscony.
They have seen an all inclusive that they like.
Hints and Tips from those that have been please.

One of the most beautiful, and annoyingly inaccessible coasts in Europe. Stunning scenery, but a repetitive and stomach churning drive to get anywhere. Not a lot of nightlife other than in the big towns, but quality, quality bars and restaurants. Enjoy.

I would also point out that this info is based upon a trip in 1990 to watch a sporting tournament based not just in Sorrento, but all over Italy. One lasting memory is that of total hatred by the locals of anyone sporting a lion or two upon their clothing.

I found Sorrento to be most charming, the locals even allowed the tourists to play football against their shop windows at 10am whilst serving them alcohol. Lovely people.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Went to Sorrento for an 11 day holiday a few September's ago.
Lovely place, no problem with being in a hotel on half board as the food was gorgeous despite being just a reasonably priced 3 or 4 star.
Not a beach type resort, instead narrow, stony beaches, with bathing jetties. So get a hotel with a decent pool and pool area.
Avoid coach trips to Vesuvius/Pompeii - cheaper and far quicker to take the train.
Great resort - would love to go back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here