Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sophie Ellis-Bextor or Charlotte Church?

Well?

• Sophie Ellis-Bextor

Votes: 48 41.0%
  • Charlotte Church

Votes: 69 59.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I saw Charlotte Church at Camden market about 10 or 15 years ago, not quite being mobbed but signing autographs for people. I would have put her down as distinctly average but in the flesh she was very attractive.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Didn't NSC coin the phrase "CHURCHing" or "CHURCHed" back when she wasn't legal.

I may have made this up.
You didn't make this up, sadly. The previous version of NSC did indeed have posters - some of whom still post - counting down the days until Charlotte Church became 'legal'. It was a national obsession at the time, spearheaded by scummy sleazeballs like Chris Moyles. Quite vile really

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I met Sophie Ellis- Bexter on a flight once and she was absolutely charming. Even when some man thrust a mobile in her face and asked her to record a message for his daughter mid flight she was so lovely.

Just one of the reasons why I want to marry her

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Ellis-B is like a fine vintage Bordeaux, Church is more like a £5 Echo Falls, short shelf time and past it

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
These old bounced threads are always wild. Really show how much the world has moved on.
Depends on your viewpoint, I guess.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
There's no way that a thread in 2024 would attract the same kind of comments as this one did in 2006.

The early 00s was still quite Lads Mags and pints of Stella. Nowadays NSC is more BBC4 and small batch IPA.
Yes, I know. I mean it depends on your viewpoint as to whether you see that as 'moving on' or not.

I quite liked the world in 2006. I definitely preferred NSC then.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not sure comparing the NSC of 2006 to 2024 tells us what you think it tells us anyway, because ultimately forums these days are frequented by an old demographic than they were back then.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Yes, I know. I mean it depends on your viewpoint as to whether you see that as 'moving on' or not.

I quite liked the world in 2006. I definitely preferred NSC then.

I also liked the world in 2006. Like you (I think) I was in my 20s and loving life.

Still, I don't think you need to be Germain Greer to find some of the attitudes expressed on this thread a little unrefined.
NSC is a bit more inclusive these days, I'd say.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm not sure comparing the NSC of 2006 to 2024 tells us what you think it tells us anyway, because ultimately forums these days are frequented by an old demographic than they were back then.

About 18 years older :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here