Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SOOOO Close To The First Hoof Clean Out Of The Amex Tonight

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Remember the one at Withdean, when we were defending grimly, holding a 1-0 lead, when Hinshelwood smashed it into the woods. Everybody cheered,and the defenders stood admiring it.

While one of the opposition garbbed another ball from the ball boy, took a quick throw, and they ran unchallenged on goal and scored :facepalm:

I remember that. Didn't the ball boy get quite a bit of stick because he threw it back so quickly?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
They are going about it all wrong. If Dunk had really wanted to clear the stand he would have aimed for the corners, not the middle of the east stand. Poor commitment to the cause from him.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I don't think that particular clearance was anywhere near as high as it first appeared. Optical illusion.

More comical were the efforts of the crowd at the south end of the East Stand to retrieve the ball for a late Wigan throw in. Must have been dropped behind seats at least four times in the process. Imagine if a manager like Warnock was involved: he'd have been apoplectic :lol:

Yeah that was just in front of me. It was seemingly a batch of school kids aged about 10 on an organised night out. What you might not have heard was the shrill of their excitement when the above event occurred.
To be fair I had to admire their incredible desire to touch the ball as the same desire has been missing form some players of late!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Remember the one at Withdean, when we were defending grimly, holding a 1-0 lead, when Hinshelwood smashed it into the woods. Everybody cheered,and the defenders stood admiring it.

While one of the opposition garbbed another ball from the ball boy, took a quick throw, and they ran unchallenged on goal and scored :facepalm:

Yeah didn't Fraser (allegedly) threaten the poor ballboy for doing so?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I don't think that particular clearance was anywhere near as high as it first appeared. Optical illusion.

More comical were the efforts of the crowd at the south end of the East Stand to retrieve the ball for a late Wigan throw in. Must have been dropped behind seats at least four times in the process. Imagine if a manager like Warnock was involved: he'd have been apoplectic :lol:

Not sure if the same incident but this also happened right at the beginning of the 2nd half. Truly comical

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

It definitely had the height to clear as from my view I saw it over the top of the arch, but didn't have the depth to clear the arch at it's heighest point. The arch is actually quite a way from the pitch width-wise.

And the East Stand retrieval was comical. As was the amount of times Uwe Rosler acted as ball boy. The ball seemed to follow him like a magnet in the first half. He got more touches than Baldock did.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
My mate who plays for the U18 has told me when he trained with the firsts towards the end of last season that Dunk has managed to get one on the roof in training. Only person to do so.

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
That did make me laugh last night, when the crowd realised the ball was not going make it over the roof, the sound of the disapointment was hilarious.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Jon Obika nearly managed to clear the North Stand last season, didn't he? I think Paul Watson managed to get a penalty over the netting behind the goal at Barnet on Boxing Day (I wasn't there) when they played at Underhill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here