Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sony Ericsson K800i Help

exeterseagull

May 19, 2008
exeter
One for all of you phone savvy guys....

My girlfriend has a Sony Ericsson K800i on the O2 network. In the past couple of weeks she has had a new icon appear in the top left hand corner of her screen (where the battery power meter is etc). It's a blue circular icon..I have the same phone but am on a different network. I have checked my manual and it appears to indicate that a 3G UMTS network is available.

Have looked all over the place on her phone trying to find out if there is anything obvious but can find nothing....

Whilst she is at work, I foolishly offered to find out how (or if) she could get rid of it as we have no idea how this appeared of why it appeared in the first place.

Has anyone else experienced / seen the same or knows how to rid the phone of it...

appreciate your help.....

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It's a gaydar indicator (lesbian version).

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
it means you are in a 3g area no way really of getting rid though. Means web browsing is all fast when that is on the screen. You may need a 3g sin for it to work though. You can also make video calls when it shows too.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
the red phone with arrows i belive is when you are trying to send somthing via the infa red port, i may be wrong though. :)

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
it means you are in a 3g area no way really of getting rid though. Means web browsing is all fast when that is on the screen. You may need a 3g sin for it to work though. You can also make video calls when it shows too.

What he said...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Give me her mobile phone number and I'll see what I can find out.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
From the INTERWEB...

thats 3g mate and yes you can turn it off go into CONECTIVITY in SETTINGS and go down to MOBILE NETOWRKS then down to GSM/3G NETWORKS click on that then they will be two options GSM AND 3G or GSM ONLY click on the GSM ONLY one... hope this helps

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
One for all of you phone savvy guys....

My girlfriend has a Sony Ericsson K800i on the O2 network. In the past couple of weeks she has had a new icon appear in the top left hand corner of her screen (where the battery power meter is etc). It's a blue circular icon..I have the same phone but am on a different network. I have checked my manual and it appears to indicate that a 3G UMTS network is available.

Have looked all over the place on her phone trying to find out if there is anything obvious but can find nothing....

Whilst she is at work, I foolishly offered to find out how (or if) she could get rid of it as we have no idea how this appeared of why it appeared in the first place.

Has anyone else experienced / seen the same or knows how to rid the phone of it...
appreciate your help.....

Forget all that! You only went on your first date, like a few days ago, and now you're on here calling her your gf!

Typical man missing out half the details! :lol: Guess the date went well then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here