Songs which are now unacceptable at the AMEX?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Dirty Northern Bastards applies to EVERY championship team that visits (including Bristol City and Cardiff). Clearly that's going to have to stop.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Were F**ing Brilliant.

Makes opposition fans feel inadequate and possible leading them to suffer from depression.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We paid for your vests
We paid for your ve-s-s-s-ts
You hi-viz robots
We paid for your vests

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Going down Old Shoreham Road to see their Brighton Aces

There is NOT a football club called Brighton in Old Shoreham Road, this is misleading and could cause severe crowd problems for those being deliberately lead the wrong way.

WALKING down old Shoreham Road to see THE Brighton Aces

Supported Brighton for long have you:rave::rave::rave::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
Oh, and BTW the piece in the Telegraph is utter and complete bollocks. Never have i disagreed with him so much, there simply isn't the problem in British football that he describes. Sensationalist crap that should have been to shrill even for the Daily Mail.

I think the clue is in the 'paper' he writes for! The Torygraph!

Openmyeyes

Nov 7, 2012
We're gay and we're ****ing you

There's an excellent piece by our Paul Hayward in the telegraph today about fan's misbehaviours this season and how clubs and the authorities should address. The essence of the article is enough is enough. Anyway, it got me thinking in light of the fan being banned for starting a song at the Amex recently in the north stand, what songs are regularly sung at the AMEX which could and should be banned in this context i.e it encourages a hateful and poisonous atmosphere? At the very least, you could end up in BIG trouble. Here's a few in this respect

Stand-Up, if you hate Palace: obviously inciting illegal activity
Hark now hear, and Brighton sing: encourages fighting
Build a Bonfire: inciting assassination/harm to 2 individuals
Go left, go left....: massive use of a swear word penultimate line /j threat to life in the last line
Your dirty Northern ba*****: swear word
Sign on, Sign on: discriminating against the disadvantaged
The ref's a *******: foul and abusive
Wash your mouth out son, shoot the Palace....: abusive and again, a threat to life being chanted here
Sheepshaggers: heard it a hundred times down the years but re: Bellamy case, this is now deemed racist
1 nil to the Nancy Boys: homophobic
You're too ugly to be gay: homophobic

Any others? But for the sake of clarity, the club ought to be very specific in a programme about the exact songs that have been sung in the past which are now deemed unacceptable so everyone's clear in my opinion. Or more fans are going to be ejected / end up with criminal records to their surprise, however witless these songs may be. Once we've got a list together, maybe post to Insider?
We're gay and we're ****ing you

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I'm Brighton till I die, I'm Brighton til I die, I know I am, I know I am, I'm Brighton til I die---------BAD FAN! punish: Did I get the words right?:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports