Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Songs that you associate with sport or sporting moments

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Harry J Allstars Liquidator.
Many many moons ago my father (Wolves fan) took me to Molyneux, just the once and this was played.
I loved it but it took me ages to find out what the tune was.
I don't like the sterile Chelsea version one bit. It needs the pretend/seething anger.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Can't really post the youtube video but for me every time I hear Oasis 'Wonderwall' I think of half time at Hereford. Can't believe how many of us absent-mindedly sang along with it at the time

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Ashes by Embrace

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Watched the documentary the other night, great time. Couldn’t believe we had such a great tournament in our own country and I didn’t go to a game. Joined the England members after that and ended going to the next three world cups and all over the world watching England.

Jimmy Grimble

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Watched the documentary the other night, great time. Couldn’t believe we had such a great tournament in our own country and I didn’t go to a game. Joined the England members after that and ended going to the next three world cups and all over the world watching England.

Watched that too. I particularly liked Teddy Sheringham's comments about when the Dutch scored against us :lolol:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Watched that too. I particularly liked Teddy Sheringham's comments about when the Dutch scored against us :lolol:

I think most Englishmen would’ve had a wry smile ( at least) when that goal went in.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
1980s. Channel 4. Sundays 6pm.

"444....444....Hut...Hut...Hut!"

Holding Out For A Hero.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Greatest Day - Take That

The season when Poyet delivered us to the higher level was awesome and I managed to attend all 4 games we actually lost as well. From around October that season I listened to that track around 5 minutes prior to every KO and sometimes during the game. Every time I hear it now I think of that golden season, I still remember that wonder goal Elliott Bennett scored against Walsall away, it was totally on another planet - happy days

Jimmy Grimble

Rockin’ All Over The World reminds me of the play off final

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
12/11/66 Oxford away - taken there by car and was the first time I heard Good Vibrations on the radio. Bit weird but it always reminds me of the trip.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
1979 our first game in the 1st Div at The Goldstone against Arsenal, standing in the South stand and I remember clear as day this playing over the tannoy before the game started. And then Arsenal Bang Banged us 4-0.
:down:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Sundays in 1979, few pints in the pub (The Royal George, Shoreham) back home for a roast dinner then sit back and watch The Big Match, happy days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here