Songs that uplift you.....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
Two quite different songs

Ain't That Enough by Teenage Fanclub for that "the world's really quite a beautiful place" feeling
and Silver Machine by Hawkwind for that get up and get ready in the morning thing

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
possibly the greatest New Order track of all time.....definite get off your arse and do stuff material

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
This song and this performance always makes me feel good. A feel good song performed by a group of people really enjoying themselves.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Sitting on the dock of the bay - Otis Reading

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I've got to say - even though it's for some reason most associated (wrongly) with Christmas - 'Troika' from Prokofiev's 'Lieutenant Kije'.

I associate it more with the Napoleonic Wars and Woody Allen, thanks to Love and Death.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
The Polyphonic Spree. They cannot fail to put you in a good mood.

Very much this.

Most uplifting song for me is Felicity by Orange Juice. Especially the bit in the middle when Edwyn Collins croons: "Happiness. Woo-oh-oh happiness..."

Much as I like the Wedding Present, their cover of it stripped all the warmth and soul from the song in a bid to get to the end in record time.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Tell Me When My Light Turns Green - Dexys Midnight Runners. Has there ever been a better trombone solo? Guaranteed to put a smile on my face.

Another Girl, Another Planet - the Only Ones.

Stay Free - the Clash.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Dobie Gray - Drift Away

No'one who has been driving while this is on has failed to turn up the volume & sing along. Marvellous voice

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Beautiful,poignant, inspiring and uplifting:

I remember being driven around Brighton very early on the morning after the hurricane in '87 looking at all the incredible sights; the blue scaffolding hanging off the half finished Pavillion, the mighty beech trees in the Level toppled end over end and the fervent sea still frothing away and listening to this music. Never ceases to bring back incredibly powerful memories and evokes such feelings of empowerment in me for some reason.

On a more modern bent I struggle to look past songs such as:

Classic Dan.

For when FBS opened his Big Beach Boutique with it, when it dropped the crowd went mental:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports