Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Songs that kept you sane

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
This is a celebratory thread.

At times in my life certain songs have kept me sane. You?

What and how?

This is one from after the divorce and lost custody battle.

"I turn and face the sun
Then all my troubles fall behind me like a shadow
In solitude
Solitude"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60OstMWR1jc

A brilliant track, and easy to appreciate its poignancy, both lyrically and musically.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
These two songs helped me cope with an unhappy adolescence, when I just couldn't wait to escape from Lancing, due to problems at home, and bullying at school:

"So I found that life is just a game, but you know there's never been a winner
Try your hardest, just to be a loser, the world will still be turning when you're gone"

What you see is just illusion, you're surrounded by confusion
Saying life's begun to cheat you, friends are out to beat you
Grab on to what you can scramble for

Don't let the tears linger on inside now, because it's sure time you gained control

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
For me after the break-up of Marriage No.1 Bruce Springsteen's "Dancing in the Dark" and "Wonderful Life" by Black were great for getting me back on track and out of the depths of despair. I apologise for not being clever enough to get the videos up on here but I'm a bit of an old duffer when it comes to all this Tech malarkey! Just so you know, Marriage No.2 has been great for the last 27 years so "every cloud" as they say!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For me after the break-up of Marriage No.1 Bruce Springsteen's "Dancing in the Dark" and "Wonderful Life" by Black were great for getting me back on track and out of the depths of despair. I apologise for not being clever enough to get the videos up on here but I'm a bit of an old duffer when it comes to all this Tech malarkey! Just so you know, Marriage No.2 has been great for the last 27 years so "every cloud" as they say!

Top work. I'll post the latter for you - a favourite of mine for more pedestrian reasons :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ZoHfJZACA

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
After a very painful relationship break-up and the worst time in my life................'.I Will Survive' by Gloria Gaynor and 'Gonna Get Along Without Ya Now' by Viola Wills.
All this 40 years ago.
Football also kept me sane and Albion were steadily climbing to safety in the old 1st Division.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
This beautiful piece of quintessentially English music manages to be emotional, uplifting, tranquil, evocative, inspiring, calming, thought provoking, powerful and many other things simultaneously.......

https://youtu.be/KbGNJVlhoRA

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here