[Music] Songs that are allegedly classics that you REALLY dislike

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flex Your Head

Dunno who did the original, but I effing despise 'Mustang Sally' and it's droning dirge of a chorus.

I worked in a pub for a few years in the '90s and had a regular Sunday lunchtime / afternoon shift, with a different 'musical act' playing each week. Every single mother****ing one of them had it in their set. Genuinely atrocious. I think it was in The Commitments, which ties in with the '90s.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dunno who did the original, but I effing despise 'Mustang Sally' and it's droning dirge of a chorus.

I worked in a pub for a few years in the '90s and had a regular Sunday lunchtime / afternoon shift, with a different 'musical act' playing each week. Every single mother****ing one of them had it in their set. Genuinely atrocious. I think it was in The Commitments, which ties in with the '90s.

Wilson Pickett made it famous in 1966

It did seem to be a drunkard’s anthem in the 90s though, you’re right. People having fun sheesh :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
American Pie - Don McClean
Purple Rain - Prince
Born in the USA - Springsteen
Hotel California - Eagles
I don’t want to miss a thing - Aerosmith

This is almost perfect.

As Brits, we should really not embrace that sort of nostalgic yank shite. However, I do need to replace ‘Hotel California’ with ‘That Don't Impress Me Much’ by Shania Twain as I could here that guitar solo 1,000,000 times and still want to hear it again!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
We Built This City - Starship :yawn:
Money for Nothing - Dire Straights….I hate Walk of Life even more though, I actually liked Dire Straights before they released Brothers in Arms.

Back to the Americans…..
Don’t Stop Believin’ - Journey

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Golden Brown - The Stranglers

That’s The Way God Planned It - Billy Preston

David Bowie - Jean Genie - very repetitive and annoying

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
this won't make me any friends on here but Sweet Caroline is ****ing ****. As is Don't Stop Believing, btw

THANK YOU! I thought it was just me! I was OK with it hearing it on rare occasions in the past but now playing every sporting match, and many other times too. "They" even wanted to recreate the NHS clapping with the nation singing it for Queenie this weekend on their doorsteps. :shootself

As for Chumba-frigging-wumba's Tub Thumping, don't get me started - that's the top of my list of all-time grim pieces of ****.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
THANK YOU! I

As for Chumba-frigging-wumba's Tub Thumping, don't get me started - that's the top of my list of all-time grim pieces of ****.

Very fond memories of hearing this song at The Priestfield nearly every game, to me it summed up the Albion at the time :shrug:

I also have fond memories of being able to park right outside the stadium for quite a few games :lolol:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor. Absolutely bloody hate it.

Possibly down to living opposite a pub that had karaoke every Friday and Saturday night and hearing it murdered by various drunken bints who thought they could sing at least twice every week for about 5 years.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Most “classics” to be honest. They’re either rubbish or brilliant but played so much you can’t stand them. With the exception of Cohen’s Hallelujah and The Piranha’s Zambezi.

:lolol: I’d put Hallelujah by ANYBODY as a dull repetitive DIRGE!

I love Leonard Cohen though, especially in his later concerts with full backing

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
97D6048F-2C9D-4A14-9761-91B4711C4C4A.jpeg

ECDEBEF7-0F5E-475E-B1CB-CAC238D779BF.jpeg

I think they are all on here :moo:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Ironic by Alanis Morissette

Ed Byrne explained it far better than I ever could.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports