Never Gonna Give You Up - Rick Astley
Baby - Justin Bieber
Macarena - By whoever released it, plus the stupid dance
I Wanna Dance With Somebody - Witney Houston
Baby One More Time - Britney Spears
500 Miles - The Proclaimers
Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi

All songs by American Hair Bands
All Dylan songs (other than Hurricane) sung by Dylan. Great songwriter but can't stand his voice.
She, any version (which includes the Elvis Costello one)

And probably a load more

Bit unfair, I like this one:

Seriously, you remind me of very good memories of music and being a teenager in the late 80s and early 90s, particularly this lot:

It hasn't aged well but it was great fun at the time! (HeadsUp at Norwich Waterfront is still one of my best ever gigs). I was never into The Roses and Inspirals and all that scene at the time.

Jul 7, 2003
I'm a Beatles fan but Hey Jude is such a dirge - when I went to see the Bootleg Beatles, the intro this was my cue to go to gents.

My musical taste is generally on the rock side but I've always found Led Zep over-rated and Stairway To Heaven especially. Give my July Morning by Uriah Heep any day.

Someone else mentioned Don't Stop Believing - I think this is a song that has suffered from being played so often it just annoys rather than being a song I dislike. The same goes for a lot of ABBA stuff after Mamma Mia came out.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I'm a Beatles fan but Hey Jude is such a dirge - when I went to see the Bootleg Beatles, the intro this was my cue to go to gents.

Ah - but when I saw the Bootleg Beatles 27 years ago it was during Hey Jude that I thought "what on earth was I thinking, splitting up with her" (the future Mrs Bodian, when we were 'taking a break'). So - maybe a dirge, but an important dirge for me!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

My musical taste is generally on the rock side but I've always found Led Zep over-rated and Stairway To Heaven especially. Give my July Morning by Uriah Heep any day.

Someone else mentioned Don't Stop Believing - I think this is a song that has suffered from being played so often it just annoys rather than being a song I dislike. The same goes for a lot of ABBA stuff after Mamma Mia came out.

Yeah but the same is true for Hey Jude.

La, la la, la la la laaaa, la la la laaaa, Brighton / City / all the other obvious pre game DJs every ****ing week.

They've taken a great song and reduced it down to an overplayed warm up act for pissed up middle aged men.

We really need to revisit our pre-match output BTW.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Free Bird and Sultans of Swing for the same reason;

Stop tossing** your guitar off and think about why you first started playing music FFS.

**I used another word beginning with W. It's redacted.

*makes mental note to discuss with Bozza*

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
The Green Green Grass of Home.

Everything else by Tom Jones. And Engelbert Humperdinck. And Cilla Black. Not sure about classics by any of them though except classic crap.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I like the word "dirge" but it's personal of course. I think in this context it means classic songs that remind of hearing a vacuum cleaner running. My list would be:

Money - Pink Floyd
Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
The Long and Winding Road - The Beatles
Wonderwall - Oasis
Anything by Fleetwood Mac
Dancing Queen - Abba
Losing My Religion - REM (that's me in the corner - please stay there)
I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
Feed The World - Band Aid (yes I know, but morons dance to it as Christmas)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
American Pie - Don McClean
Purple Rain - Prince
Born in the USA - Springsteen
Hotel California - Eagles
I don’t want to miss a thing - Aerosmith

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey
Never Gonna Give You Up - Rick Astley
Baby - Justin Bieber
Macarena - By whoever released it, plus the stupid dance
I Wanna Dance With Somebody - Witney Houston
Baby One More Time - Britney Spears
500 Miles - The Proclaimers
Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi

All songs by American Hair Bands
All Dylan songs (other than Hurricane) sung by Dylan. Great songwriter but can't stand his voice.
She, any version (which includes the Elvis Costello one)

And probably a load more

Yours and my idea of a classic are quite different!

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
I agree that many of the tracks listed in this thread are pretty awful, but none of them are as poor as the pretentious crap posted on today’s similar thread ....Songs that are sublime both ‘full’ and ‘acoustic’.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
People are just tired of overplay. They’re not rubbish or we wouldn’t know them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here