Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Songs inspired by true events

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I thought he stiffed the other band members for royalties?
What are you on about, he left in 86 or something and then got sued 10years later for an “accounting error”

jeez, it was only 75k.;)

actually I’m surprised to know, he is only worth 500k, he’s one of the godfathers of punk.
I know psychobilly artists worth over 6 times that, and it’s a feckin small scene Compared to Punk.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Good support band tomorrow night by look of things…at least I’m assuming it’s a support band as opposed to a performance artist from Hamburg

418bd6d8-9272-48a0-a7ec-bd51fb8cbf04.jpeg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Some good tunes on here, but perhaps in retrospect it would have been a good idea if th OP had also stipulated that posters should state what event(s) the songs commemorate. I confess in some instances I haven't a clue - and even where I do, some more detail would have been welcome.

Good idea for a thread, though.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Agent orange (orange crush) was a defoliant used in the Vietnam war to help US forces identify Charlie easier. It was also toxic and led to many deaths on both sides of the conflict for those who were exposed to it

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I was a roadie at one of their gigs as a reward for putting in some money into a film about them
I put some money into it as well, and got a credit somewhere. Fantastic band.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Dropkick Murphys Ken Casey wrote this after a producer moaned about MJ nicking his pudding from the recording studio fridge ...... Rock and roll!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here