Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Songs featuring FALSETTO

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Struggling to think of anything more truly madly deeply HORRIBLY falsetto than Billy Mackenzie's vocals on The Associates 'Party Fears Two'. Higher and HIGHER til you wonder what will burst first: the singer's vocal chords or the listeners eardrums. Bloody grim

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I like the Bee Gees but they pretty much stole a whole career on falsetto.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Eddie Kendricks

Though Daryl Hall does it pretty well too, and even a couple of falsetto lines from David Ruffin

And Philip Bailey

Last edited:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
For all you popsters out there this was a big hit a few years ago.

Around the time this was a hit I remember sitting in a pub in Southwick which happened to have a karaoke going on. It wasn't my normal haunt so I was a bit of a stranger and wasn't familiar with any of the locals who were taking part in and enjoying the proceedings.

At one point a rather overweight, somewhat unkempt bloke walked in on his own. He had the stereotypical look of someone who might live on their own or with their mum and spent all their time sitting in their bedroom on their computer.

He didn't talk to anyone and he might have bought himself a half pint but I can't be sure if he even did that because almost as soon as he had entered the pub he was at the microphone whereupon he gave a pitch perfect rendition of this song. Then as soon as he had finished the song he immediately walked out of the pub and left still without having spoken with anyone.

He must have been in the pub for a total of less than fifteen minutes. It was one of the most surreal things I've ever seen...

https://youtu.be/0CGVgAYJyjk

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Klaus Nomi here covering a Lou Christie song, "Lightning Strikes". Nomi was said to have been one of Bowie's influences during his Berlin phase. Nomi once performed backing vocals for Bowie on a Saturday Night Live performance.

https://youtu.be/gma5IUNMTn0

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The first one I thought of ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj9nm9_SOvM

Trivia point: the guy singing falsetto, Roy Estrada, who got "busted with a suitcase full of tapes" got busted for considerably more serious offences and is currently serving a 25-year stretch (with no parole)

Zappa always had great falsetto singers with him, throughout the years. Whenever I saw him, I was always blown away by the multi-instrumentalist/singers he had with him. :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Struggling to think of anything more truly madly deeply HORRIBLY falsetto than Billy Mackenzie's vocals on The Associates 'Party Fears Two'. Higher and HIGHER til you wonder what will burst first: the singer's vocal chords or the listeners eardrums. Bloody grim

It’s beautiful, one of the greatest New Wave songs ever. Be proud of your fellow Scots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here