Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Song with a great Intro

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

and..........

Not a huge fan of either Ozzy or the Sabs. but this track always gives me goosebumps. Amazing guitar by Randy Rhodes (RIP) and great drums from Tommy Aldridge, also the lyrics are a cut above those of your average "metal" song.

Fair assessment. Not a huge Ozzy fan and personally the only two albums I really like are the two featuring Jake E Lee on guitar. Having said that this is a classic song and who knows what classics might have followed but for Randy's tragic early death.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep, Blondie's had some decent intros largely driven by Clem Burke. But Chris Stein's simple riff on Atomic is so simple but so sets the tone for what's to become a utter disco classic

Atomic and Union City Biue, very different from their early (lovely) pop songs, were and are great tracks.

I’ve never played the guitar. ‘Turning the clock back’, I’d loved to have learned to play bass as a kid, the sound fits most of my musical loves.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Funnily enough, just gave UCB an airing. Again, Clem Burke superb.

Although I was a classically trained pianist (did a solo recital at The Royal Pavilion when I was 11), I always wanted to play guitar. My best mate who was the guitarist in our band in the 80's and who ended up supporting the Stray Cats at Hammersmith Odeon, gave me the tools (books, acoustic guitar, etc) to try to help me learn it but my fingers were too fat and arthritic to make a go of it, which was gutting. But, I agree, the bass is so meaty and influential.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
For me this isn’t just a great intro, it’s a 9 min and 37 seconds masterpiece.

But probably not every ones cup of tea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here