Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Song Lyric Malfunctions

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Lenny Henry did a little sketch thing about Desmond Dekker's "The Israelites" - he thought it was "me ears are alight"...

I always heard an Edwyn Collins line of "Once I had a vision, and that vision was intense", as "Once I had a vision, and that vision was in tents"... :smile:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
REM Sidewinder sleeps tonight "calling in Cheryl Baker" is what I hear, I think it's "call and try and wake her up"

I always heard it as 'Colin's a baker'.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
The chorus to E=MC2 by Big Audio Dynamite used to have me all kinds of confused.

'Virtual ideas, relativity', I got as 'Bet your life is perfect to a tee'. 'Magic imagery, oh oh' I had as 'magic in the G.O. home', whatever the flip that meant!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
As a kid listening to the England 1982 World Cup song "This Time", I was convinced the lyrics said "This time, more than any other timw, we're going to find a way" thereby implying that they would win the World Cup. As they were were absolute toilet in that tournament I was clearly wrong. God knows what they were actually singing.

We were brilliant in that tournament. The only unbeaten side, drew with West Germany and Spain, and comfortably beat France, Kuwait and Czechoslovakia.

Still, your post made me laugh! :thumbsup:

Kate Bush, Wuthering Heights:

"Heathcliff, It's me, it's Kathy, I've come home now,
Woah-oh-oh-oh, a beard at your window"

Don't know why but that made me laugh a lot.

The earliest one I can remember was sing "Roll Alley 4" instead of "You're all I live for" to Alvin Stardust's 'You, You, You'. I genuinely thought he was singing about how much he loved ten pin bowling.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
"Last night a DJ saved my life from a road hog"

I got it in my head that the tune was about listening to the radio whilst driving behind a road-rager.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Frankie Goes to Hollywood song War at one point goes

"Love, coupled with a mans pride"

which I heard as

"Love, coupled with a mince pie"

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
My all-time favourite misheard lyric just popped up on my iPod here at work. It's from Meatloaf's 'For Crying Out Loud' and the line at the end of the chorus that goes: "Open up the sky and let the planet that I love shine through..."

Listen carefully and you'll hear him actually sing "Open up the sky like a family set of lost shampoo.." Well, that's what I hear anyway.

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
As a child I was baffled as to why Chicory Tip's number 1 hit single was called "Son of My Father" because as far as I was concerned the first and third lines of the chorus are in fact "Boo, Eggy Puppet" - maybe it's because I had the cheap "Top of The Pops" session singers version :shrug:

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Lenny Henry did a little sketch thing about Desmond Dekker's "The Israelites" - he thought it was "me ears are alight"...

I always heard an Edwyn Collins line of "Once I had a vision, and that vision was intense", as "Once I had a vision, and that vision was in tents"... :smile:

I always thought "The Israelites" was "The hills are alive"

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I was a tad slow when I was younger and when I listened to "She's Electric" by Oasis I used to think they actually had a cousin who had someone in the oven....

She's got a cousin
In fact she's got about a dozen
She's got one in the oven
But it's nothing to do with me

I thought maybe he had a reputation for sticking people into ovens. Yeah, my younger self was an utter tool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here