Worthing
Kate Bush, Wuthering Heights:

"Heathcliff, It's me, it's Kathy, I've come home now,
Woah-oh-oh-oh, a beard at your window"

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
I was even worse: as a child I thought she sang "Last night I dreamt of some dago".

Obviously, as a child, I had no idea what "dago" meant, nor that it was a derogatory term. In my defence :thumbsup:

I also heard the "dago" lyrics. Later on in the song I was convinced Madonna also sang "Chop the goolies, island breeze", apparently it was "Tropical this island breeze"!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I used to think it was "I was happy in the arms of a drunken man" from Heaven knows I'm miserable now. I still prefer that version.

And there's a line in the Ketchup Song by those Spanish bints at the end of the chorus where I swear they are singing "Boogie in a wheely bin"

And Macy Gray - "I blow bubbles when you're not here". Whatever gets her through the day, I suppose.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
There's a bit in 'Thriller' where I think it sounds like 'let me share a, can o', Stella, with ya..'

I don't want to read the real lyrics as I'm pretty sure Michael Jackson's song does not actually contain those words.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Merrily merrily merrily merrily
Life's a BUTTER DREAM.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Although I've heard the song a million times and know every other line off by heart AND I've looked it up I can never remember the bit in Up The Junction after "From bars to streets to bookies". My best guess is "the morning by the telly, the morning I started smelling (or maybe spelling)"

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Gotye - Eyes Wide Open

I hear " some people laugh at our bedsores "

The actual lyric is " some people offered up answers "

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Although I've heard the song a million times and know every other line off by heart AND I've looked it up I can never remember the bit in Up The Junction after "From bars to streets to bookies". My best guess is "the morning by the telly, the morning I started smelling (or maybe spelling)"

I thought it was 'no more nights by the telly, no more nights nappies smelling'

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
REM Sidewinder sleeps tonight "calling in Cheryl Baker" is what I hear, I think it's "call and try and wake her up"

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

"I can't believe you kiss your cock at night" :lol:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Well bloody hell. Right up until I read that post I've always thought it was "From barter street to bookies" :facepalm:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
And although not a malfunction and I realise I am criticising one of the greatest songwriters this country has produced but back to the Smiths - their song Half A Person would have been improved in my very humble opinion if instead of repeating "have you got a vacancy for a back-scrubber?" he'd have changed it to 'pub singer'. It kind of fits the song.

And on that theme the Sugababes debut single 'Overload' "one way ticket to a madman's situation" doesn't make sense. 'No-win situation' does though.

I'm on a roll now. Guns n Roses Paradise City - keep the song title but change the line to "Take me down to the very last city". Do that and you'll have a hit record guaranteed.

I'm the Bernie Taupin of NSC, me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here