Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Song for Slade appointment

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
Great ideas for songs - now all we need is to choose one and turn it into NSC's campaign to get Slade permanent. I agree that the perfect time to sing it would be as Slade makes his way to the dug out. If we can get the whole South Stand singing it, i hope it could make a difference!

Mods - make this thread sticky, once the good NSC has decided on its song!?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Great ideas for songs - now all we need is to choose one and turn it into NSC's campaign to get Slade permanent. I agree that the perfect time to sing it would be as Slade makes his way to the dug out. If we can get the whole South Stand singing it, i hope it could make a difference!

Mods - make this thread sticky, once the good NSC has decided on its song!?

This needs to become a poll.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It has to be either "Russell Slade's Blue and White Army" or "Sign him up". If you go for a new song then all the people who don't read this board won't know the words and won't join in.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Gritt23, not sure how to make it a poll?

No, nor me. I guess, we give it a while to flush out teh suggestions, and then start a new thread that is a poll, containing them all.

Personally, I like the idea of belting out Easys suggestion as they approach the bench, and repeating it when DK inevitably makes an appearance on the pitch (unless we're going down of course, he may not be seen if we are).

Mar 10, 2006
As he walks across the pitch we should all be makng the fist salute while singing Russell Slade's blue and white army followed by stamping on the wooden floor. Doing this for a couple of minutes should do the trick

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
How about ...to the music of play up pompey

Russell sign up.....sign up Russell
Russell sign up.....sign up Russell

We want Russell ...We want Russell

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
...singing Russell Slade's blue and white army followed by stamping on the wooden floor. Doing this for a couple of minutes should do the trick
With more bums on those seats than for some time, the trick being to make the South Stand collapse?

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
To the tune of 'Robin Hood'...

Russell Slade, Russell Slade - can he keep us in div one?
Russell Slade, Russell Slade - the job is nearly done
Jim was first choice, at Stockport he stayed
Mistake he made, mistake he made, mistake he made...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Russell Slade, Russell Slade - can he keep us in div one

You'll have been disappointed with that effort :lolol:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
If Dick Knight comes on to the pitch do a cringe worthy speech about how exciting this season we have been through, we should drown him out with a chorus of "We want Slade"

If not we should tamper with the blue and white cards we are supposed to hold up as the players run out the tunnel, and rearrange it so the South stand says WE WANT SLADE

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Russell Slade, Russell Slade - can he keep us in div one?

Do we have to sing that in the voice of Yoda ?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I can't think of anything better than fists held aloft whilst signing Sign Him Up etc as he approaches the bench. Gets my vote anyway

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I can't think of anything better than fists held aloft whilst signing Sign Him Up etc as he approaches the bench. Gets my vote anyway

I never thought of that, whatever gets sung we must all have one fist raised!

ward is god

Dec 26, 2008
Somerset near Yeovil
Love 'all we are saaaaying is give Slade a job' but please do not have a go at Jim Gannon. This sort of reaction always comes back and bites us on the bum eg Scott McCleish this year... let's support our team and leave Stockport to support theirs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here