Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Son going to uni next year, what to do about season ticket?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I called the box office yesterday, as having to put a 3rd match on re-sale already due to various reasons, and was worried incase there was a limited number of times you could do it. They assured me there is no limit to re-selling season ticket seats via their site. Not that I intend to miss many more.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
There is some sort of limit they published ages ago and isn't mentioned much on here.

Something like 'missing 6 or more of the 1st 10 games' and they will 'do something' about the ticket.

I really can't remember the specifics unfortunately.

Wasn't that for under 18s or under 10s season tickets only? To stop people buying a kids season ticket as a "place holder" then upgrading it for a the matches they wanted to attend.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thanks for all the great advice. I will certainly keep the ticket. I had a sort of sinking feeling envisaging times when he was gone but unable to go or to sit with us. He may be a man now, but he's still my little boy in my mind!

He's hoping to go to uni in Shropshire, so not too bad as far as distance is concerned. I am also hoping he goes there as I have family connections near Shrewsbury and it's a great excuse to spend more time there.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Wasn't that for under 18s or under 10s season tickets only? To stop people buying a kids season ticket as a "place holder" then upgrading it for a the matches they wanted to attend.
That's interesting. At the time I didn't realise the age limitation on missing matches. I hope that's correct!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I called the box office yesterday, as having to put a 3rd match on re-sale already due to various reasons, and was worried incase there was a limited number of times you could do it. They assured me there is no limit to re-selling season ticket seats via their site. Not that I intend to miss many more.
Thanks! Again good news!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Vaguely related, but wasn't it once reported that ManU had ascertained that a significant number of their fans were keeping the ST going, even though the STH had actually passed on.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Vaguely related, but wasn't it once reported that ManU had ascertained that a significant number of their fans were keeping the ST going, even though the STH had actually passed on.

Wasn't it something like 10% of their season ticket holders were officially deceased?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That's interesting. At the time I didn't realise the age limitation on missing matches. I hope that's correct!

I think maybe it was a one-off as can't find it in the terms and conditions but wasn't it if your child season ticket hasn't been used once by the halfway point of the season they'd cancel it? Or something similar? Remember getting an email about it as son's season ticket has my email address associated with it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think maybe it was a one-off as can't find it in the terms and conditions but wasn't it if your child season ticket hasn't been used once by the halfway point of the season they'd cancel it? Or something similar? Remember getting an email about it as son's season ticket has my email address associated with it.
Yeah that sounds familiar. So adds to the strength of argument for keeping the ticket.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Thanks for all the great advice. I will certainly keep the ticket. I had a sort of sinking feeling envisaging times when he was gone but unable to go or to sit with us. He may be a man now, but he's still my little boy in my mind!

He's hoping to go to uni in Shropshire, so not too bad as far as distance is concerned. I am also hoping he goes there as I have family connections near Shrewsbury and it's a great excuse to spend more time there.

What are the official University dates this year, UCL as an example; 24 Sept to 14 Dec, 07 Jan to 22 March, 23 April to 07 June.

Even if he only came home at Xmas, he would have only missed West Ham, Wolves, Leicester and Palace going into the new year. If he timed his trips back, he might only miss a few games across the season. Think you've done the right thing. First year he'll be back to empty his laundry bag and fill his wallet more often than you think. :D

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
What are the official University dates this year, UCL as an example; 24 Sept to 14 Dec, 07 Jan to 22 March, 23 April to 07 June.

Even if he only came home at Xmas, he would have only missed West Ham, Wolves, Leicester and Palace going into the new year. If he timed his trips back, he might only miss a few games across the season. Think you've done the right thing. First year he'll be back to empty his laundry bag and fill his wallet more often than you think. :D
Haha, likely as not true!

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I imagine I am not the only parent who has had a season ticket for a child who is planning to go to uni. As I understand it, there are a certain number of permitted absences through the year, but I would think that even with the long holidays when my son would be home, that they will be exceeded at some point in the season.

Is it possible to hold onto the ticket and are there any solutions as i don't really want to give it up?

Edit: :ffsparr: should say 'son' in title.

Keep it, my son was at Bath and still managed a few Home Games and Uni time goes quickly.

I have three tickets for myself and two sons, one works away and other unavailable some home games ,,was tricky when one was under 21 but now have three adult tickets easily used. Guess the three of us go to only half home games. Normally me one son and family member or friend. Every year think about giving one up when payment due. But glad I haven`t.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here