Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Somewhere nice to stay nr Crewe

The Grub

Nov 14, 2004
Hurstpierpoint
Spent last night looking into where to stay for 2 nights when we go to the Crewe game but ended up no clearer than when we started. The options are camping, which we love, or staying at a B&B/Inn. Crewe it's self do'es not seem too inspiring so we could go as far as the western Peak District.

Does anyone have any knowledge of or suggestions for the area please?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There are a few nice camp sites on the canal south of crewe itsself

Anywhere between Market Drayton and Nantwich

That's pretty much what we came up with, but they mostly seemed to be caravan sites rather than campsites. I'll keep looking, though......

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
PM El Pres. I'm sure he'll let you pitch your tent in his garden. :thumbsup:

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I have the misfortune to live in Crewe, the best cheap hotels near the ground are the Ramada (with a view of McDonalds), the Crewe Arms (opposite the station) or the Waverley Hotel (on a small street just off the main road by the ground).

I can't think of any campsites in Crewe or Nantwich. The best bet to stay would be Nantwich, which is a nice old town with plenty of pubs. Best hotel there would be the Crown Hotel which is literally right in the town centre and a lovely old building. A cheaper option would be the Premier Inn at the Peacock between Crewe and Nantwich.

There's a Travelodge at the M6 junction 16 but I know three people who've had their car broken into there so may not be a good idea.

It's about a 45 minute drive to the best places in the Derbyshire Peaks, where the scenery is stunning. However, I believe there is now a campsite at a pub called the Shady Oak in Beeston in the heart of Cheshire around 20 minutes drive from Crewe, it's very nice around there too.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
How about somewhere in Shropshire, maybe the area just south of Shrewsbury, with stunning views of the Long Mynd you can't go wrong.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Chester is very nice and a 15 minute train ride from Crewe.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Thanks for all your ideas. I've found somewhere that seems perfect. There is a campsite attached to a pub on the canal side. The Cotton Arms in Wrenbury is only £8 per night per tent so it's a bargain too. And the pub's open till about 1am. :ascarf:

Looks a nice area as just looked on google earth hope you enjoy it :thumbsup:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Sully,if you are stopping over in Nantwich,suggest you use the train, from Nantwich to Crewe. Nantwich centre has some good pubs. Try the Boot & Shoe,might even have a website ? :bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here