Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Somewhere Nice for Lunch

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
You could try the Bridge House just by Tower Bridge. It has very good food and Adnams:drink: the Anchor Tap, in the same area, or the Pommelers' Rest, a Wetherspoons, which came recommended from colleagues when I worked at the London City Mission in Tower Bridge Road. The RV1 bus will then drop you virtually right outside the theatre. If you like Japanese, I can recommend Ikkyu in Newport Place (the little road that leads into Gerrard Street, centre of Chinatown, from Lisle Street and Charing Cross Road), or there are literally tons of Chinese places around there. Some of the food is a little dodgy from some of them though!!

D

Deleted User X18H

No sorry not Canon Street the one the continues from Leadenhall Street

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The Large One said:
Am I a food snob? I thought it was rather over-rated.

you said Browns was overpriced so I don't think you're a food snob sonny.

The Wolsely is pricey, fo Caz's needs, I think Yo Sushi in Soho's always a good bet.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Barnet Seagull said:
Wong Kei.

superb experience

oh yeah someone said about that. you have to share tables or something dont you?

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
caz99 said:
oh yeah someone said about that. you have to share tables or something dont you?

Not really, but it's best to decide what you want to eat prior to sitting down :)

A good place to eat (if you're happy to share tables) is Bistro (nr Strand/Covent Garden) Very reasonable too.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Barnet Seagull said:
Not really, but it's best to decide what you want to eat prior to sitting down :)

A good place to eat (if you're happy to share tables) is Bistro (nr Strand/Covent Garden) Very reasonable too.

yes something about the rudeness i think wasnt it?

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
caz99 said:
:wave: Hello

I am going to London for the day on Saturday with my H2B and was wondering if anyone had any nice recommendations for lunch. We are going to see the producers in the evening but we cant afford to stay up there so a nice place for a long lunch would be nice. Obviously nothing extorniate

Thank you.:)

Locanda Locatelli nr Marble Arch. Its the don.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nice Thai restaurant next to HMS Belfast at Hays Galleria, halfway between London Bridge and Tower Bridge on the river. Pub called Horniman's next door is nothing special, but OK for pre-Thai drinkies.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
dwayne said:
you said Browns was overpriced so I don't think you're a food snob sonny.

The Wolsely is pricey, fo Caz's needs, I think Yo Sushi in Soho's always a good bet.

Yo Sushi is the worst sushi chain in the world. A hundred and one better sushi places to go to rather than the McDonalds of the sushi world.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
yes i havent heard good things about that Yo Sushi place.

thanks for the suggestions i will keep looking.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Starry said:
Yo Sushi is the worst sushi chain in the world. A hundred and one better sushi places to go to rather than the McDonalds of the sushi world.

Yo Sushi's ok, I was thinking about the fact that she's on a budget or else I would have recommended somewhere like Sumosan or Chosan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here