Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Something pretty cool has just happened...(video game related)

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
I preferred the 'Player Manager' sequel they did :thumbsup:

I believe that Player Manager was the sequel to Kick Off and the Kick Off 2 came after (and added after touch amongst other things).

I absolutely adored Player Manager. I would end up playing until my player was about 39 and his Pace got down to where was getting overtaken by snails.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
When I was a lad of about 12, I adored gaming. But one game in particular had me going back for YEARS! That game was Kick Off 2 on the Amiga 500.
Today I found out I'll be forever immortalised in the remake, Kick Off Revival on Playstation 4 as a referee!
12 year old me is bouncing off the walls right now, whereas 37 year old me is cracking a beer open and feeling super nostalgic ����

That really is awesome. I think they did that with me when they made Conker!

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Anyone play Peter Shilton's Handball Maradona on the Commodore 64? Or Football Manager?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I believe that Player Manager was the sequel to Kick Off and the Kick Off 2 came after (and added after touch amongst other things).

I absolutely adored Player Manager. I would end up playing until my player was about 39 and his Pace got down to where was getting overtaken by snails.
Ah, you're probably right. I also loved the game, can remember scoring a lovely goal from halfway down the pitch and by the right touchline still :)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Anyone play Peter Shilton's Handball Maradona on the Commodore 64? Or Football Manager?
Yep. I posted this video a few months ago and Peter Shilton is just before 18 mins in. Completely pointless game as there were no tables - just games and tests.

Kevin Toms is working on Football Manager for mobiles - met him at a Premiere and he is a great chap but I completely forgot to mention that Football Manager on the ZX81 was the first game I even played. The Spectrum version is 4 and a half minutes in and features the Albion.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

I believe Dino is going to remake Player Manager if Kick Off Revival is a success. There is a PC remake of Player Manager from Kick Off World but these are the ones that have the feud with Dino and slag everything he does. I did have a go and it is basically the Amiga game so you might as well use WinUAE and play the original.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Depends on his definition of successful I suppose. Very Marmite game with abysmal reviews but a hardcore of supporters. The game is fun if you put in the time but that was the way in was done in the late 80s, early 90s. I'll reserve judgement until the patch as it could fix the fact it was unfinished at release.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Congrats! No, wait...

Worst football game ever...
http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/cong...evival-youre-the-worst-football-game-ever-345

Why does this game even exist?
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/07/kick-off-revival-review-why-does-this-game-even-exist/

A frustrating and unforgiving footy title
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/dino-dinis-kick-revival-review-8360157

(As an aside, the PC version of Kick Off II was the worst game I ever paid cash for)

So you're taking your congrats back? Awwww man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here