Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Something positive to cheer up the moaners

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well exactly. Patience is the key here...:thumbsup:

Since being at the Amex, have any of the youngsters actually flopped when they have been promoted to or filled in for the first team? Fenelon wasn't great but I am struggling to think of anyone who was really poor.

George Barker. Never once gave the impression that he was capable of a career as a Football League striker.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think that rule was abolished when the Elite Player Performance Plan was brought in a couple of years ago.

Either that, or it means the clubs with the highest graded academies, ie ours, can recruit players from further afield anyway.

I think when the previous posted said "up north", he meant pretty much anywhere, by the way, not just the traditional definition of north! Croydon is north :)
Arundel is the grime desolate wasteland of the north.
Are you saying there's more?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

ryans father

Jul 19, 2005
East Sheen SW14
Brighton have also recently entered a feeder team in the Surrey youth league called GS4 I think. They were playing against Sheen Pride U10's which is Sheens second team. They won 4 -1 ,played well and will no doubt move up to play the sides in the premier division where my sons team play. He plays for Sheen Lions and they have an exceptional side having won 7 out of 7. It would be great to think that some of his team could end up at Brighton and not Fulham , Chelsea or QPR I had a long chat with the scouts about why they are doing this and its all about casting the net wide. There was certainly a huge amount of positivity and pride about the new facilities.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
And any decent youngster will look at Hyypia and the IPad Kid in charge and will go elsewhere, the Gus factor of tempting decent players is long gone

Or if that doesn't put them off, they will look at how some of our so called supporters slag the team off at every opportunity. JFC is a prime example of a young player who has the moronic minority on his back.

Fulking Seagull

Mar 31, 2013
Fulking
Or if that doesn't put them off, they will look at how some of our so called supporters slag the team off at every opportunity. JFC is a prime example of a young player who has the moronic minority on his back.

Spot on...not playing at this best at the moment but I doubt he's an U21 for no reason....

we wont be relegated...no one has spanked to date, the team/squad will gel and improve and there are more good times ahead...IMO with Sami leading us.

Christ he is slow enough already without having to carry people on his back as well.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Quite. And I think that's the point. We've been really poor at this in the past, but the hope is that now, finally we're in a position to firstly attract the best of the youngsters in the first place (including ones who might previously have gone to places like Palace), and that secondly we have the infrastructure and coaching in place to turn them into great players. That's what the O/P was saying.

I agree with the wish but have concerns about reputation.
If you were a 14 year old (or a parent of a 14 year old ) prodigy given the choice of fantastic facilities at our academy versus the track records of Southampton or Palace developing young stars into premier league players, which would you choose. Not too sure it's a case of build it and they will come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here