[Albion] Something HAS to be done about the home atmosphere

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vaughan Storm

May 21, 2020
Worthing
Was better than average yesterday, nothing like last season though. The main issue was that there were loads of Chelsea all over the stadium, I spotted double figures in a short period of time just in my area. We're not gonna get any noise from those people.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This should happen in two parts, both connected.

Firstly, fans currently in the NS should take a singing test, however long they might have supported the club or been resident in the North.

Secondly, any wannabees should undertake an 'X-Factor' style assessment, success based on clarity and volume.
Is Amanda Holden involved? If so I’m IN.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I'm sorry, but the AMEX atmosphere is worse that the WIthdean. Even our away support is no longer as loud as it used to be.
IMG_4076.jpeg

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
For starters stick away fans in East Upper. Away from pitch, and have our fans in south.Just like the old goldstone days, hopefully that might make a difference.Stick those scumbags away from the pitch side which can make it easier for them to gee their side up.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Often the design of the Amex is critised for atmosphere, with this in mind what UK or overseas ground would you have to replace the Amex to a max capacity of 35K??

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It was alright back of the North, but it normally is there. Why don’t you try making some noise yourself rather than expecting us to entertain you?
I hate to say it, but this is the problem with everyone I have ever met in the North Stand, the stand that is specifically there to drive that atmosphere and lead the chants. At least that's what they always say...

Every NS STH constantly bangs on about being special. Everyone else is not being loud enough, the East is too full of kids (fancy that, in a family stand) and the West is full of well-to-do pensioners but I'd say our North Stand is just as bad. That the other stands don't constantly pretend to be better is the only difference.

FWIW, the atmosphere can be great at the Amex, but it can also be poor, or luke-warm, or occasionally nasty. I would say that we are a very reactive crowd (and we aren't alone), if the football is tepid, the crowd rarely pushes them up a gear, but when the team is up, so is the crowd and it can really be pumping

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
At least that's what they always say...
Never heard anyone say that in or from the NS. Still, let’s carry on with your other points…
Every NS STH constantly bangs on about being special.
Er, they don’t. Pure hyperbole and that’s being kind.
That the other stands don't constantly pretend to be better is the only difference.
Someone sounds like they have a bit of a chip on the shoulder, or axe to grind. Or both?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports