Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Something HAS to be done about the home atmosphere

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You are kidding me.

Have you not heard the Emirates lately? Or The Etihad?

Atmos is the product of how good the home team are playing times how big the home club is to their supporters.

And all that is squared in the away end that is dominated by the very keen.

I have been going since 1969 and the atmos is better now than ever. Even at our place.

I don't wish to be rude but....as a veteran supporter....have you had your hearing tested recently? ??? :wink:
I might be being whooshed..... but the Eithad?!?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Thought NS was ok last night from front of WSU near half way line , as was WSU nearest NS.

Regards atmosphere in general , I think people expecting us to be like Leeds, Forest, Newcastle or any of the nearly 60k stadiums when the home team is winning is expecting too much.

Most stadiums are quiet if the team is not winning, some better than others but not a lot in it for me. Away support always (well mostly) out sing the home sides until home side goes ahead.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Maybe we should get some strippers out on the pitch before the game to warm the crowd up.

I concede this may not fit with the family friendly vibe that the club's going for. Although it's arguably more family friendly than my previous idea of threatening to shoot the first person who stops singing.
two or three pints might be a better idea , and for the adults a few shorts as well.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If the North stand chaps could get over tradition and move their wobbly arses over to the top of the east or west stands, nearer to a roof the noise would double in volume... wouldn't it?
Do we have any acoustic experts on here? Seems common sense to me.
In my view our North stand is suboptimal. There is a clique of twats in the left corner who think they can lead the singing. What are they doing in the corner in the dark? "Reading" old copies of Penthouse and Razzle I'll wager. And then there are some other blokes singing somewhere over on the right. It is always pathetic (from my vantage point in West Upper). Nothing to speak of in the middle.

Frankly, doubling the size of the North wouldn't help. We have the wrong sort of supporter for a proper consistent ends like The Kop. Doubling the size would simply lead to gaps.

But....it is what it is. I'm not bovvered. And despite everything I think our atmos is decent. First world problems, FFS.

Let's see how things are in 5 years, if we are still in the PL and maybe have a cup under our belt.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I might be being whooshed..... but the Eithad?!?
No. Noisy, intense loyal support. Sold out....

Am I being whooshed? By atmosphere do you mean garlic breath and cheesy socks?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Only 3? I’m sure we’ll need more than that for the cheerleading pre-atmosphere forming group

:cheery::cheery::cheery::cheery::cheery::cheery::cheery::cheery::cheery::cheery::cheery::cheery::cheery::cheery::cheery:
:cheery::cheery::cheery::cheery::cheery::cheery::cheery::cheery::cheery::cheery::cheery::cheery::cheery::cheery::cheery:
:rock:

( :guns: :cheery:)
My immediate thought, pre-atmsophere, was the terraforming viruses of Red Dwarf.
Knowing us we'd end up with a Despair Squid.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Fans respond to action on the pitch. An exciting game, a rubbish referee, and/or goals, and the atmosphere follows.

This is the issue, isn't it.

We're not the only club that suffers from this, but we're nowhere near the best at overcoming it either.

When the atmosphere falls flat after uninspiring events on the pitch, it quite clearly affects the level of performance from the players.

If we were the type of fans that could generate an atmosphere constantly and spontaneously, it would certainly result in more success on the pitch.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
In my view our North stand is suboptimal. There is a clique of twats in the left corner who think they can lead the singing. What are they doing in the corner in the dark? "Reading" old copies of Penthouse and Razzle I'll wager. And then there are some other blokes singing somewhere over on the right. It is always pathetic (from my vantage point in West Upper). Nothing to speak of in the middle.

Frankly, doubling the size of the North wouldn't help. We have the wrong sort of supporter for a proper consistent ends like The Kop. Doubling the size would simply lead to gaps.

But....it is what it is. I'm not bovvered. And despite everything I think our atmos is decent. First world problems, FFS.

Let's see how things are in 5 years, if we are still in the PL and maybe have a cup under our belt.
I hope those left guys take those spunk rags home with them, we don't want the bottle cap man taking a peek inside them, when everyone's gone home.
Perhaps one of the posters could put up a poll about will we see silverware before 2030? A poll of Penthouse and Razzle would be so one sided.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Both my missus and my daughter here at CS manor said it was the loudest they'd heard coming from the stadium. The wind direction might have something to do with it, but my dodgy stream sounded quite loud as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here