Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Something HAS to be done about the home atmosphere

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
So yes most PL home ground crowds are poor except a few. However we must be able to improve the state of our crowd at home

For 2 of our best players to have to keep waving their arms around to gee-up the crowd isn't great

The north sang for most of the game. But people towards the south couldnt hear

The away end constantly taking the p*** out of the crowd noise (usual away end "banter)

Surely moving the away end closer to the north would create a better atmosphere?
Safe standing?
A deeper north stand for more seats even though a 2nd tier isnt possible?

Who knows. But surely after all the incredible noise and atmosphere on the away european games our club and definitely the players and manager would prefer a huge noise?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Forget it. It is what it is.

Even Arsenal players do the arm wavy business.

Atmos would improve only with a doubling or trebling of the North. IMO

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Take away the mobile phones. That is the difference between pre-mobiles & post-mobiles and a big difference in crowd support in every major sport in the world.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
We're capable of incredible atmosphere but need an occasion and I don't think that'll change while we're in the Premier League.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm probably the only one but I thought last night, given the reduced attendance, was actually decent. Really don't get these people that get a bee in their bonnet about home atmosphere.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Atmospheres are generally shite in the PL and new stadiums.

Not sure can do much to fix it
You are kidding me.

Have you not heard the Emirates lately? Or The Etihad?

Atmos is the product of how good the home team are playing times how big the home club is to their supporters.

And all that is squared in the away end that is dominated by the very keen.

I have been going since 1969 and the atmos is better now than ever. Even at our place.

I don't wish to be rude but....as a veteran supporter....have you had your hearing tested recently? ??? :wink:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
My son was in the NS last night, he said it was great until the moment we went behind, after that crap.

Give us a winning team again, not this 2023/24 version with oh so glaring weaknesses, that will make a big difference.
Similar in North part of WSU. Really decent and then flaaaaaaaaaaaat.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
This has come up again, again and again over the years.

When I was in my 20s I was really passionate about this issue, but not anymore, I've given up. Nothing will ever change.

Of course, having an electric atmosphere is a great experience, but more importantly it DOES effect results on the pitch. Many fans are in denial about this and can't seem to grasp that having 30,000 home fans cheering the players on and intimidating the opposition can impact the result in our favour.

The only thing that I feel could improve the atmosphere is a group of passionate fans forming a pro-atmosphere forming group, that go out of their way to create new songs and new ways to create noise and to encourage those around them to do the same.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We could get some guy with a megaphone to stand facing the north stand coreographing our singing and clapping 🤔.
You have nicely illustrated the difference between atmos and noise.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Was toxic in the North, I do feel bad for those sat next to the away fans, can always see them taking the piss whenever the chants make it over there..

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Forget it. It is what it is.

Even Arsenal players do the arm wavy business.

Atmos would improve only with a doubling or trebling of the North. IMO
If the North stand chaps could get over tradition and move their wobbly arses over to the top of the east or west stands, nearer to a roof, the noise would double in volume... wouldn't it?
Do we have any acoustic experts on here? Seems common sense to me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This has come up again, again and again over the years.

When I was in my 20s I was really passionate about this issue, but not anymore, I've given up. Nothing will ever change.

Of course, having an electric atmosphere is a great experience, but more importantly it DOES effect results on the pitch. Many fans are in denial about this and can't seem to grasp that having 30,000 home fans cheering the players on and intimidating the opposition can impact the result in our favour.

The only thing that I feel could improve the atmosphere is a group of passionate fans forming a pro-atmosphere forming group, that go out of their way to create new songs and new ways to create noise and to encourage those around them to do the same.
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :cheery: :cheery: :cheery: :laugh:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Fans respond to action on the pitch. An exciting game, a rubbish referee, and/or goals, and the atmosphere follows.
Maybe we should get some strippers out on the pitch before the game to warm the crowd up.

I concede this may not fit with the family friendly vibe that the club's going for. Although it's arguably more family friendly than my previous idea of threatening to shoot the first person who stops singing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here