Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Something For Nothing!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Welcome to (a) Tory Britain and (b) NSC threads about politics. Turns out a number of fellow albion fans are arrogant, selfish & ignorant, and show utter contempt for their fellow man.

It's the latter.

I think you will find, three Labour government's is the reason the country is in the state it is in. Tory's just clean up Labour's mess, it's always been the same. Until time passes, people forget and vote Labour back in and so we go full circle.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
At the end of the day, I can't see this working in a million years, simply because people won't do it and we won't allow people to starve as others have stated. The way forward is to give people vouchers for there everyday needs. They will soon go out and find work when they can't spend them on fags, booze and scratchcards.......

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
At the end of the day, I can't see this working in a million years, simply because people won't do it and we won't allow people to starve as others have stated. The way forward is to give people vouchers for there everyday needs. They will soon go out and find work when they can't spend them on fags, booze and scratchcards.......

Why don't you just round up the poor, the out of work, the disabled etc and put them in special camps, maybe make them wear armbands to denote which they are and perhaps you could make them have special showers on the way in or maybe use them for medical experiments ?

I hope one day you need assistance and you find because of people like you that there is none available.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I think you will find, three Labour government's is the reason the country is in the state it is in. Tory's just clean up Labour's mess, it's always been the same. Until time passes, people forget and vote Labour back in and so we go full circle.

And there we have it, the laziest, most frequently perpetuated argument there is to justify another random, illogical tory scheme to villify the underclass whilst providing stealth tax breaks to their millionaire chums #rightwingbingo

In case you hadn't noticed, it's a GLOBAL recession. Labour made A LOT of mistakes, but blaming them entirely and without question for a macroscale economic implosion is ridiculous. Didn't hear the Tories sounding the alarm in the late 90s/early noughties boom. Too busy farting about at the bullingdon club with daddy's inheritance.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Why don't you just round up the poor, the out of work, the disabled etc and put them in special camps, maybe make them wear armbands to denote which they are and perhaps you could make them have special showers on the way in or maybe use them for medical experiments ?

I hope one day you need assistance and you find because of people like you that there is none available.

That's not a bad idea.....I do believe I have got a bite from Ernest!!

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012

Hey..you know what, I think you're on to. Something there! I shouldn't worry about Kev though, those camps won't guard themselves you know, and someone has to look after those big ovens needed there to *ahem* keep them warm!

There's also a lot of jobs like driving trains there and back ( full outbound, but empty on return leg) selling all those gold teeth and, lets not forget, counting all those tiny shoes.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
There is something in this. Like I said, there is a percentage of the jobless who in a few generations have gone from the working class, proud but hard working class, to the not working class who are on the scrap heap from the moment their born in some ex colliery town up north or into a sink estate on the outskirts of one of our cities.

The ambition of Osborne and co. is quite clear. Kill THREE birds with one stone...

1. There's too many Romanians and other undesirables coming in to pick turnips for 3 quid a day. It's pissing people in Peterborough off because there's no school places or hospital beds that aren't full of the buggers

2. There's too many layabouts watching Sky TV on their plasma screen whilst sipping a chivas regal in their elegant townhouse all paid for by benefits!...they should be working in the fields picking turnips for 3 quid a day...or picking up Dogshit at the very least.

3. If we whip the doleites hard enough they'll beg us for the chance to pick turnips on his lordships estate for 3 quid a day, or sort out the Dogshit issue at the very least...then the Romanians won't have a below minimum wage to take off one of our own layabouts so will go to France instead.

hey presto. His Lordship is happy as he has his turnips picked for 3 quid a day, there's an army of former spongers crawling round the parks picking up Dogshit (but have their pride restored) and the Romanians have gone home with the Albanians and all the other johnnies.

Dear Christ.

That's excellent forward planning there BH. If the Tories would just come right out and say that they'd get most of their UKIP defectors back overnight.

Who needs Lynton Crosby?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If you're meant to be a comedian then don't give up your day job as the dole as just run out and if you do believe the shit you spout then you need help as for getting a bite from me , nah not a hope in hell

I will tell you what I honestly believe, really...

1.Those that want help, should be helped.
2. Those who cannot work due to illness and/or medical condition should be helped.
3. Those who can work but won't work should not be held up by others and get money for doing nothing. I'm all for helping people who want to help themselves but have no time for those who don't.

As for the solution,I don't think there is one tbh. This scheme is so unworkable it's untrue but in principal is a good idea but a floored one. As you will never get people to do something they simply don't want to do.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I will tell you what I honestly believe, really...

1.Those that want help, should be helped.
2. Those who cannot work due to illness and/or medical condition should be helped.
3. Those who can work but won't work should not be held up by others and get money for doing nothing. I'm all for helping people who want to help themselves but have no time for those who don't.

As for the solution,I don't think there is one tbh. This scheme is so unworkable it's untrue but in principal is a good idea but a floored one. As you will never get people to do something they simply don't want to do.

Floored or flawed? I'm glad you're not in charge of literacy for the welfare scroungers.

It's not a "floored idea" it's a disgraceful abdication of responsibility by a government stuffed with millionaires and old Etonians who choose to blame the unemployed rather than their billionaire chums for the shit state we're in.

Historically the Tories are the party of " me first" and balls to everyone else. They can't bear the thought of some poor twats at the bottom scratching by with a few pounds that THEY had to give them. It's always easier to kick the poorest and least well able to defend themselves that take on their chums in the city or in the corporate C suite.

After all...welfare claimants don't tend to pop up on the Abingdon or Henley cocktail circuit and they don't have massive donor status at number 10.

Tories. Disgusting *******s.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
The funniest thing is the likes of Kevtherev think that the Tories support them when in fact they detest them as much as they do the rest of us, unless of course Kev has been to Eton and was a member of the Bullingdon Club

It's worse than that they detest each other based on which public school they attended...

Osborne is apparently known as "the oik" by his Bullingdon Club chums from Oxford (including Dave and Boris) because he only went to St. Pauls not Eton or Harrow.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Floored or flawed? I'm glad you're not in charge of literacy for the welfare scroungers.

It's not a "floored idea" it's a disgraceful abdication of responsibility by a government stuffed with millionaires and old Etonians who choose to blame the unemployed rather than their billionaire chums for the shit state we're in.

Historically the Tories are the party of " me first" and balls to everyone else. They can't bear the thought of some poor twats at the bottom scratching by with a few pounds that THEY had to give them. It's always easier to kick the poorest and least well able to defend themselves that take on their chums in the city or in the corporate C suite.

After all...welfare claimants don't tend to pop up on the Abingdon or Henley cocktail circuit and they don't have massive donor status at number 10.

Tories. Disgusting *******s.

So how would you suggest dealing with long term unemployed people who have no intention of working, even though there is nothing preventing them doing so?. Or do you think they should just get money for nothing, as the song goes....This does not go for people who are unable to work, that is a different thing altogether.....Of course the large part of the problem is the ten's if not hundred's of thousand illegals over here working for pennies. But then you have to look at who opened the flood gates in the first place and how we are going to get them out?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
And there we have it, the laziest, most frequently perpetuated argument there is to justify another random, illogical tory scheme to villify the underclass whilst providing stealth tax breaks to their millionaire chums #rightwingbingo

In case you hadn't noticed, it's a GLOBAL recession. Labour made A LOT of mistakes, but blaming them entirely and without question for a macroscale economic implosion is ridiculous. Didn't hear the Tories sounding the alarm in the late 90s/early noughties boom. Too busy farting about at the bullingdon club with daddy's inheritance.

Its a flipping WESTERN recession.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So how would you suggest dealing with long term unemployed people who have no intention of working, even though there is nothing preventing them doing so?. Or do you think they should just get money for nothing, as the song goes....This does not go for people who are unable to work, that is a different thing altogether.....Of course the large part of the problem is the ten's if not hundred's of thousand illegals over here working for pennies. But then you have to look at who opened the flood gates in the first place and how we are going to get them out?

I'd suggest that the "won't" work numbers aren't as big as the scaremongers would have you believe. It's a bit like the Daily Mail and Sun stories about large families of 15+ children claiming benefit and not working. What they don't mention is that you can count the number of families like that in single digits. Of course that would spoil the right wing indignation.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove

What a load of cliches.

Most Conservative supporters are poor, just like Labour ones. Only a fraction of Conservatives are rich, just like Labour ones. And, there are just as many rich Labour politicians as there are rich Conservative ones. Labour doesn't care about the poor any more than the Conservatives do, or any less.

The only differences between them are their ideologies. The Conservatives believe people are responsible for themselves. Labour believes the Government is responsible for the people, hence the bloated benefits system and the extra tax voters have to pay to finance it.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
What a load of cliches.

Most Conservative supporters are poor, just like Labour ones. Only a fraction of Conservatives are rich, just like Labour ones. And, there are just as many rich Labour politicians as there are rich Conservative ones. Labour doesn't care about the poor any more than the Conservatives do, or any less.

Don't quote me on this because its just a theory but that is utter bollocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here