Something else I don't undertstand about the Middle East

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Safeway said:
Why, when it's so hot, do they all wear black and towels on their head? ???

because black reflects heat?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
And why do they fire semi-automatic assualt rifles in the air at public events? There is a real danger of having someone's eye out.

When I was at school I once got detention and a stern lecture simply for lobbing a PINE CONE one lunchbreak. An AK47 would have been completely out of the question.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: Re: Something else I don't undertstand about the Middle East

Tommy Cook reporting said:
I hope you're kidding? I think you'll find white does....

I stand corrected....I thought that was why black people evolved in sunny climes and white blonde people evolved in cold areas...hence black people live in Africa and white blonde people live in Finland.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Something else I don't undertstand about the Middle East

Dave the Gaffer said:
I stand corrected....I thought that was why black people evolved in sunny climes and white blonde people evolved in cold areas...hence black people live in Africa and white blonde people live in Finland.

Black people live in Africa because they like the sun, and white people live in Finland because they like SNOW.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
¤Dã?n¥ §êãGüLL¤ said:
Do black people get surnburnt or darker in the sun?

Yes, yes they do

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
and what is it with those dodgy suits that they wear? There used to be a shop called Passport in Gardner Street that sold all these very dodgy outfits.

Take a look at Saddam Hussein's son:
hussein.jpg

Sartorial disaster. He should have borrowed one of his dad's suits. A simple, classic, 2 piece, single breasted, 2 or 3 buttons and a crisp white shirt underneath. I notice that Saddam never wore a tie - probably health and safety reasons. After all get your tie caught in the wrong place and you could choke to death….oh, yeah :down:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Something else I don't undertstand about the Middle East

Safeway said:
Black people live in Africa because they like the sun, and white people live in Finland because they like SNOW.

So...what about Greenland?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Something else I don't undertstand about the Middle East

Dave the Gaffer said:
because black reflects heat?

The women wear black which absorbs heat. The men wear white which reflects heat. What does that tell you about who makes the rules in that miserable part of the world.

I lived in the Gulf for a year five years ago and I now work for a Gulf based company so I know a bit about it. Enough to despise most of them and their religion and morality.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Something else I don't undertstand about the Middle East

Buzzer said:
So...what about Greenland?

what about Greenland?

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Re: Re: Re: Something else I don't undertstand about the Middle East

goldstone said:
The women wear black which absorbs heat. The men wear white which reflects heat. What does that tell you about who makes the rules in that miserable part of the world.

I lived in the Gulf for a year five years ago and I now work for a Gulf based company so I know a bit about it. Enough to despise most of them and their religion and morality.

tick tock........

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Something else I don't undertstand about the Middle East

Lokki 7 said:
... and Borough.

:love: :love: :love:

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports