Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Someones taken the bait

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Letter: Hit concert for six

I am outraged Elton John should be allowed to stage a concert at Sussex County Cricket Ground.

This is totally inappropriate for such a quiet, residential area.

It's bound to attract thousands of people parking cars, dropping litter and making a lot of noise.

Where was the consultation? Surely there should at least have been some sort of public inquiry?

It's typical of this city to ride roughshod over local peoples' rights just so a few thousand others can enjoy themselves. It's a disgrace.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
:lolol: :D :lolol:

Well I would have complained if I lived anywhere nearby. I don't mind noise, but Elton John is absolutely SHITE.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Seagull Stew

Jimmy Saville said:
:lolol: :D :lolol:

Well I would have complained if I lived anywhere nearby. I don't mind noise, but Elton John is absolutely SHITE.

What he said! :lolol:

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
:D :D

There has to be a reply to that letter.
Something along the lines of...

" I was astonished to read Wendy Thompsons reply to my letter concerning Elton John defiling Sussex County Crickets ground. How does she expect me to be somewhere else when I have no legs ?"

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Well, my friend Freddie's decided to respond. Not sure they'll print this one, but you never know. Can't seem to submit it at the moment for some reason:

"Sir,

It's never easy to admit to a mistake. However, Wendy Thompson's letter defending Elton John's concert in Hove has made me rethink.

Upon reflection, I realise it’s very important for a vibrant place like Brighton and Hove to provide entertainment for its citizens. How can we be taken seriously as a city otherwise?

To continue to object would really be rather narrow-minded and selfish. Thousands of others will get pleasure and so I have decided it is best to embrace the idea and make the best of it. Otherwise, I fear the only loser will be me. Sing up Elton!

Yours,

Mr F. Almanimbi"

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Absolute corker :lolol: :lolol: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Letter: Elton's welcome
Wendy Thompson's response to my complaints about Elton John's concert at the Sussex County Ground in 2007 (Letters, December 5) set me thinking.

I now realise it's important for a vibrant place like Brighton and Hove to provide top entertainment.

I have decided it's best to embrace the idea and make the best of it.

-Freddie Almanimbi, Hove

:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here