Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Someone please tell me what was the point...

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Nope
A player whose goals helped his team get promoted, a player who moved for a big fee, a player who then went on loan and scored goals in our league, a player seen by Slade as worth a not insignificant fee, a player who has scored goals for us this season (and could have scored on Tuesday night but for a good save), a player seen by Poyet as worth a start in the last 2 games is not in any way to be classed as 'untalented' or 'talentless'.

:clap2:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
am i alone in thinking we actually played some decent football against the same team who hammered us 7-1 only a few short months ago? GP has now decided to change the starting 11, it plainly has not been working lately so he chopped and changed it a bit, and starting with 2 wingers gave us a much more balanced midfield and it showed, i'm pretty sure i'm not alone in seeing this?

or maybe i should just resign myself to the fact that the majority of the negative moaners on here didn't actually go on tuesday?

I went Tuesday and have missed only a few games all season. GP did indeed change it but we were a completely different team when surprise surprise he resorted back to Dicker and brought on a proper talented forward. Who straight away won the first ball aimed at him, not only winning it, a header on to another Brighton player. A remarkable fact considering I'd been watching someone, who regardless of his height is/was unable to do. Instead he always looks at the defender prior to the ball coming and just stands in his way and complains when the said defender barges him out of way to get to the ball.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
am i alone in thinking we actually played some decent football against the same team who hammered us 7-1 only a few short months ago?

Take a look at the full league table and compare Huddersfields home form with their away form and you will see that the 7-1 beating up there has no relevance to Tuesdays game.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Take a look at the full league table and compare Huddersfields home form with their away form and you will see that the 7-1 beating up there has no relevance to Tuesdays game.

Compare our away form to our home form. Given we have one of the best away records in our division, should we be getting beat 7-1 away? Even if it's againt a team with a great home record?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here