Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Someone is going to die one day....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I won't watch it because I would throw up quite probably. However, there seems to be an ever increasing rush, excuse the phrase, to get a seemingly bigger adrenaline buzz these days.
Base jumping is dangerous enough but now people are using those daft Wing Suits in order to glide ( plummet mostly) like a bird before opening a parachute. I saw a tv prog where two of them were going to jump from way up an bisect a road bridge, one of them splattered straight in to the bridge. The other one just had a philosophical "ah well, we all have to go one day, so glad X died doing what he loved... " at about 25 years old :facepalm:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Selfish idiot who not only endangers himself but everyone else who could be sent up to rescue him and waste time on him because he wants to be some sort of hero.
Also his family must worry themselves into comas nearly every time they know he does it.
Totally irresponsible and totally selfish.
:wanker:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I won't watch it because I would throw up quite probably. However, there seems to be an ever increasing rush, excuse the phrase, to get a seemingly bigger adrenaline buzz these days.
Base jumping is dangerous enough but now people are using those daft Wing Suits in order to glide ( plummet mostly) like a bird before opening a parachute. I saw a tv prog where two of them were going to jump from way up an bisect a road bridge, one of them splattered straight in to the bridge. The other one just had a philosophical "ah well, we all have to go one day, so glad X died doing what he loved... " at about 25 years old :facepalm:

Well he was right really. If that is what does it for you then go for it. I've heard from many that that sort of danger makes you feel alive.
For me it's online correspondence chess........ I known I know it's crazy but.......well ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well he was right really. If that is what does it for you then go for it. I've heard from many that that sort of danger makes you feel alive.
For me it's online correspondence chess........ I known I know it's crazy but.......well ?

At least no one will have to come and scrape you up with a dustpan and brush after a checkmate though.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Nice views from up there.
If he was filming that himself then how could he hang from one arm ? If he wasn't holding the camera himself then why not show him hanging with one arm rather than hiding his top half which could of been in a harness ?
Either way it's still very high and rather him than me.

if you click on episode 1 in the top right you can see him holding someone by the arm who also has a camera on his head.

Either way, watching that video made me feel a bit funny.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here