[Football] Some positive news....almiron

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That’s precisely what they’re doing.
It seems to be exactly what they're doing, which would be bent as f**k, but they would lose the player. This is why Martin Samuels keeps giving it the 'let them spend the money they have available' schtick. I wonder where his influences are?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Good god, no thanks. He's like a Paraguayan Craig Mackail-Smith.

The funny thing was, Grealish got pissed on holiday two years ago, compared one of his team mates' performances unfavourably to Almiron, and Newcastle fans all hit the roof, even though they all knew deep down he wasn't very good.

He had a real hot streak for about three months last season where everything he touched turned to goals, but has long since reverted to the mean, by running enthusiastically up and down a lot and providing mostly bugger all end product. Even the Saudi fans are now being forced to admit that he's basically Championship class. He would be hopeless in a De Zerbi team: I'd be mortified if we signed him.
I think that’s harsh. He’s been a constant performer for them since the Saudi takeover. I’m surprised they’re considering selling him tbh.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think that’s harsh. He’s been a constant performer for them since the Saudi takeover. I’m surprised they’re considering selling him tbh.
He really hasn't. He had that brilliant spell from, what, September to early December last season, and hasn't hit the same heights in either goals or assists since. Go on Twitter after any Newcastle game, you'll find loads of their fans expressing frustration with him or outright slating him. He's basically gone back to Steve Bruce era Almiron: runs up and down the line all day making his little cartoon sad face whenever he loses the ball, which is a lot. He's also over 30 now I think, so has little in the way of resale value to them further down the line. They may as well flog him to Saudi now.

Grealish was 100% right.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That’s precisely what they’re doing.

I feel that this is something that UEFA need to comment on quickly - selling a player to a club linked to your club will be subject to a market valuation etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here